SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to track wrong email ids

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I can able to generate correspondences through email to the business partner.But i would like to know how to track if the email correspondence has been failed because of wrong email id or mail box filled .Please let me know how to meet this requirement

Regards

susmita

Moderator note - thread locked due to cross-posting. Posted repeatedly on multiple forums

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Susmitha,

You can use a function module SO_DOCUMENT_SEND_API1 to track the emails which are not sent or failed due to some reasons.

In the error log of the program you can display the documents which are not sent.

Regards,

Abhijit Sonar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Susmitha,

You need to develop a small report for this. SAP stores the delivery information of email in SOST table.

The emails are stored in this table with message type (msgty) 'S' or 'I'.

If the emails are delivered the message no. (msgno) in this table becomes '711' or '701' or '73'. For all other message number it indicates the message is not delivered.

However the table is updated after a certain time limit (half an hour to two hours normally) to get the delivery status of the email. So you need to run the report after a certain time to get the actual delivery status of email. There may be few cases where the delivery status may be update after 24 hours also if performance is slow of the system. But normally this does happen in a normal condition. But this is the table where you can identify the delivery status of the email.

When you are sending email using FM SO_DOCUMENT_SEND_API1, SAP generates an uniques object number for each email. It can be found in the importing parameter of the FM in field new_object_id+5(12). You need to store this object number so that you can search with this in SOST table to get the delivery status.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Nirmalya