cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to use global transport directory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a 3 system SAP landscape consisting of DEV, QAS, PRD. I configured TMS and put all three system into the same transport group. DEV and QAS can shared the same transport directory residing in DEV. However I am unable to get PRD to use the global transport directory. PRD is always using its transport directory. How can I allow PRD to use the global transport directory?

Rdgs

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what about the corresponding profile parameter DIR_TRANS? where does it point?

the transport directory on DEV is shared? also for PRD?

GreetZ, AH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The transport directory is shared out which explains why QAS is able to use the same transport directory. DIR_TRANS in PRD points to local transport directory and not the shared transport directory. Is there really a need to set DIR_TRANS parameter if TMS is configured? In QAS, I don't see DIR_TRANS being set in the instance profile.

I did tried setting DIR_TRANS in PRD however the system reported the parameter as unknown.

BTW, PRD is a copied from another system. We migrated the old PRD to a new server.

Rdgs

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, you need to setup DIR_TRANS in RZ10 ... and TRANSDIR in STMS. then restart your instance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I found out what is the problem. DIR_TRANS was pointing to the local \usr\sap\trans directory because SAPTRANSHOST parameter was not set properly. After pointing SAPTRANSHOST to the DEV server in the PRD hostfile, DIR_TRANS shows the correct path leading to DEV \usr\saptrans.

It is not necessary to set DIR_TRANS manually unless we want to use another transport directory different from the transport group.

Regards,

Lim

Answers (0)