cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inactive status on Business partner

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i have set the status on a business parter as Inactive from a specific date and also i made the availability also 0 from the same date. With this i was expecting not to see this resource when i try to staff him on a role which has demand spread from a date where he is not available. But i do see the BP in the search results->i was able to staff this person on that role though the availability is shown as '0' system does not prompt the user of any information that it is not possible to have this resource staffed as he would not be available. How would one typcially handle the ex

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same problem. But in our case you can see the reduction of the resource's availability decreased for that specific period of time, but the system won't stop you from over booking its time.

Let us know if you find a fix for it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

we now have following steps in retiring a BP

1. delete the availability

2. Deletion of the BP from the resource pool

3. Making a central lock on on the BP(THIS IS AN OPTIONAL STEP)

Not sure what setting the status "Inactive" on a BP will do

manish_mohan3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure how you can restrict a resource for a date period, but we can check "Central Block" on Status tab of BP to make the resource not show up in search results. This status change usually flows in from HR when the resource is termed.

There is also an option to specify "Validity Period" in BP just below BP number. Perhaps you can play around there.

Please do share with us if you found a solution for your problem.

Thank you,

Manish