Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNC at personal desktop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Colleagues,

I installed NetweaverSneakPreview(NSP) at home pc. Everytime i have to use username & password while login. I would like to configure SNC between NSP and my gui.

Could you please suggest me how to do this.

Regards,

Sridhar

13 REPLIES 13

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If, as I suppose, your home PC is not part of a windows domain, I think that direct SNC access will not be possible.

You may try the PC name as a local domain if you open a session on your PC with a local user...

Regards,

Olivier

0 Kudos

If, as I suppose, your home PC is not part of a windows domain, I think that direct SNC access will not be possible.

You could create your own SNC libraries to conform with GSSAPI for a system on your PC. You could hardcode the username without any need to hardcode the password...

I suspect this is one of the reasons why SAP permits only one SNC library on the server side.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for your reply,

Could please provide more detail how to do it. I would like to implement this.

Regards,

Sridhar

0 Kudos

Hi,

Start your preferred C or C++ development environment and start coding... Good luck because I don't think this would be an easy task !

You can even have a look at SAP GSS libraries source code because this is SAP open source software.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will have to reinstall the NSP system every 60 days, so you might as well change the password every 90 days...

Some folks doctor the registry keys to enable password saving in shortcuts. Not really SSO but from the look & feel it is the same and is often also erroneously refered to as SSO.

A search for the above mentioned terms will give you the details.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

You will have to reinstall the NSP system every 60 days

Nope, it's just renewal of the license key every 90 days, no reinstall and I'd save my password in a gui shortcut for such a low-risk system

0 Kudos

Unless the PWD is the same as the one for your customer's productive treasury system...

0 Kudos

Unless the PWD is the same as the one for your customer's productive treasury system...

Oh yeah, that would be a serious security issue. And a very unprofessional one too

0 Kudos

Hi Jurjen Heeck ,

Thanks for your response,

Can you please give me the steps to where i have to save my password.

Regards,

Sridhar

0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

First, you should register the SAP Shortcut. Below are the steps:

1. Navigate to Program Files\SAP\FrontEnd\SapGui Directory

2. Run the command sapshcut -register.

You will see a pop-up that says the variable is created in windows registry.

3. Click Start, Run.

4. Type regedit.

5. Navigate to the following key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAP\SAPShortcut\Security

6. Double-click EnablePassword and change the value to 1.

Regards,

Raghu

0 Kudos

@ Raghu: Did you really know this (and you use it?) or did you copy&paste it and change the text slightyly? Some of the text returns many google hits.....

@ Sridhar: You can do a very simply search for this information - although it is not a good idea to use (hence by default deactivated in the SAPGui...).

Some developers use password "asdfg12345" for this. You can also type it in very fast...

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

Yes.. ofcourse. I got the solution by googling. I've replicated it in my system and provided the solution. Does it mean that the steps can't be the same as in other threads?

Regards,

Raghu

0 Kudos

It means that you did a search on behalf of the OP (Opening Poster) and copy&pasted&consolidated the answer without necessarily considering the consequences.

Nothing more than that.

This forum is about more than just answering "how to" questions which can easily by googled.

That is what I meant.

Cheers,

Julius