cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alerts alerts...too many!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am on SP17, when the initial attempt by adapter failed, it immediately send the 1st alert. Subsequently the automatic retry (I set it to 5 retries) still failed, it send alert as well for each retry!

So I receive total of 6 alerts!

I remember in previous SP, 1st alert will only be sent AFTER complete the max number of retries, how can it be not behave the same on SP17?

//jack

Message was edited by: JackPCL

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All Gurus

Is anybody can throw some light on this?

Thank you in advance.

//jack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reson why I do not use "SUPRESS MULTIPLE ALERT OF THIS RULE" :

• this will required confirmation which user might not be able to manage properly or forget to confirm it

• even if i use this option, alert still send at initial failed attempt. User may get confuse to check into alert "failed" message which 2nd attempt might have already successful. Alert is suppose meant for error only!

My question,

1. Is that a bug in SP17? it supoosed to send one alert only AFTER complete max no of retries.

As long as max yet complete tried, the message shall not be considered as error and no alert shall be sent. Anybody contacted SAP on this? and any solution?

2. As temporary solution, is that possible to turn on "SUPRESS MULTIPLE ALERT OF THIS RULE" while does not need to confirm the alert?

Any hint is very much appreciates...please any Guru out there...

//Jack

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

jack,

SUPRESS MULTIPLE ALERT OF THIS RULE ~~ Select this option in your ALERT RULE and then test the results and let us know.

Regards,

Bhavesh