cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPML Modify Request failed in IDM 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I successfully installed identity service on SAP Netweaver AS JAVA. I m able to test the service using the webservice client provided by the product.

Now I m tryiing to modify an entry using the Modify SPML Request using that WS Client but I m getting the below error

error ==> (MIC Identity store:82:Script execution failed)

Anyone please let me know what is the issue and how to resolve it. Also share few docs which describes about the SPML configuration in IDM7.1

Thanks in Advance

-J

Edited by: tirujagi on Aug 17, 2011 4:35 PM

Edited by: tirujagi on Aug 17, 2011 4:35 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From what I can see you're getting an error from the VDS configuration when it does the search on the virtualized Identity Store.

I'd try reinstalling the configuration. Use all default options when connecting to the identity store.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pollicove ,

Thanks for your response. Yes I did the reconfiguration and that had worked. Now I m able to do all the SPML operations. Thanks for your guidance.

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've not done this before, but are you going through Virtual Directory?

Also take a look at this link: http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Security/Connectivity

Good luck,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pollicove,

Thanks for your response. Yes I m using VDS 7.1 SP6. I tried the same code in different system, the SPML modification is working fine which is very weird.

But now I m facing different problem with SPML search operation. I have a plain Java code acting as SPML client.

When I do search I m getting below error in the response body.

"<spml:searchResponse error="(MIC Identity store:82:ERROR:Incorrect syntax near '?'.)" requestID="A" result="urn:oasis:names:tc:SPML:1:0#success" xmlns:dsml="urn:oasis:names:tc:DSML:2:0:core" xmlns:spml="urn:oasis:names:tc:SPML:1:0"/>"

If you check the query formation in VDS, it looks like below which is the root cause of the problem,

"#1.5#C0000AC10EBD00070000002F270E32930004AAC32CBD22E0#1313655152780#com.sap.idm.vds.HeiSPMLTest.extension.main_listener_4389##com.sap.idm.vds.HeiSPMLTest.extension.main_listener_4389#######Thread[6,3,LDAP Sessions:main_listener_4389]##0#0#Debug##Plain###Together with basic template:SELECT $TOP$ mskey FROM mxi_values WHERE attr_id=(select attr_id from mxi_attributes where attrname='MSKEYVALUE' and is_id=?) AND (mskey in (SELECT mskey FROM mxi_values WHERE attr_id = (SELECT attr_id FROM mxi_attributes WHERE attrname='MX_ENTRYTYPE' and is_id=1) AND searchvalue LIKE '*' ))#"

Not sure why the IS ID is not passed. Do you have any idea what would the reason for this behavior.

Thanks in advance.