Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split Done Sfc

olivier_thiry
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

When I try to split a sfc with status "done", I got this error :

SFC Split is not possible; SFC status Done (Message 13882)

I think there is an option somewhere to allow split of done sfc, but I can not found where, who can help ?

Thanks

Regards

PS:we are using ME 5.2.5

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

olivier_thiry
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for your replies, I will ask our architect to investigate your suggestions, as I'm only a poor programmer...

Regards

Olivier

former_member182330
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No problem. Always ready to help

olivier_thiry
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Sergiy for your reply, I was expecting such an answer ;o)

Problem is that we complete SFC through XML messages, known as QuickCompete.

Our goal is to be able to scrap at later stage only a part of a material.

For example, we have a roll of material of 100 meter let's say, build at stage 1 (SFC with qty = 100).

It will be consumed at stage 2, but it could happen that due for example to problem with the machine, that we need to scrap 2 meter of the roll. So to do this, we need to split the original SFC resulting as a new SFC with qty 2 (and original set to 98), and then scrap the related splited SFC...

Perhaps we need to first change the status of the SFC to hold, split, scrap and set back to done for the original SFC ? Does this make sense ? Is it possible ?

Regards

Olivier

0 Kudos

Good question. It depends on whether you want to track each and every step of this process or just "cheat" to make SFC available for consumption at stage 2.

For the first option, Split action seems not to be related to the previously completed original production router. Thus I would not return the SFC to that router. I'd rather use special router of a single step or RMA processing. And then split, scrap, complete to Done.

For the second option, you can use either SFC Step Status to bring SFC in queue at the last operation of original production router, or Change Production, or whatever other trick. You can't put on hold Done SFC. Then split, scrap, complete to Done.

Regards,

Sergiy

former_member182330
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oliver,

As far as I remember there is such thing like partial scrap by logging NC code. Try this, you should be able to log NC against done SFC.

Regards,

Konstantin

olivier_thiry
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for suggestion, I looked there, I could see Activity PR570 with a rule "ALLOW_ACTIVE_SFC_SPLIT" set to true, but no "ALLOW_DONE_SFC_SPLIT"...

If I look at the PAPI, I can see the method :

SplitSfcRequest(java.lang.String sfcRef, java.lang.String resourceRef, java.lang.String operationRef, java.lang.Boolean allowSplitOnDoneSfc, java.util.List<SplitSfcDetail> newSfcList)

So I was expecting also to set the "allowSplitOnDoneSfc" to true by default somewhere...

In fact, I'm using the standard webservice to do this, but in this WS, I don't see the possibilty to send this flag :

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:me="http://sap.com/xi/ME" xmlns:gdt="http://sap.com/xi/SAPGlobal/GDT">

<soapenv:Header/>

<soapenv:Body>

<me:SplitRequest_sync>

<!Optional:>

<me:MessageHeader>

<gdt:ID schemeID="?" schemeAgencyID="?" schemeAgencySchemeAgencyID="?">?</gdt:ID>

<gdt:UUID>?</gdt:UUID>

<gdt:ReferenceID schemeID="?" schemeAgencyID="?" schemeAgencySchemeAgencyID="?">?</gdt:ReferenceID>

<gdt:ReferenceUUID>?</gdt:ReferenceUUID>

</me:MessageHeader>

<me:SplitRequest>

<me:SiteRef>

<me:Site>?</me:Site>

</me:SiteRef>

<!1 or more repetitions:>

<me:SfcRequest>

<me:SfcRef>

<!You may enter the following 2 items in any order>

<me:Sfc>?</me:Sfc>

</me:SfcRef>

<me:Quantity>?</me:Quantity>

<me:ResourceRef>

<me:Resource schemeID="?" schemeAgencyID="?">?</me:Resource>

</me:ResourceRef>

<me:OperationRef>

<!You may enter the following 3 items in any order>

<me:Operation>?</me:Operation>

<me:Revision>?</me:Revision>

</me:OperationRef>

<me:UserRef>

<me:UserId>?</me:UserId>

</me:UserRef>

<!Zero or more repetitions:>

<me:NewSFC>

<me:Sfc>?</me:Sfc>

</me:NewSFC>

</me:SfcRequest>

</me:SplitRequest>

</me:SplitRequest_sync>

</soapenv:Body>

</soapenv:Envelope>

Any idea ?

0 Kudos

Hi Olivier,

Per the design, there is no rule for Done SFCs but only for Active SFCs. So, "allowSplitOnDoneSfc" looks like incorrect name and I would expect it to act as ALLOW_ACTIVE_SFC_SPLIT rule.

Once Split is a production activity, it should be executed somewhere within the production line/router (when SFC is active or in queue at an operation) rather than after the completion of SFC (when SFC is in Done status). Thus it is logical to consider Split with regards to InQueue and Active status and deem all the rest as invalid.

Another point is that, in particular, as soon as we want to define SFC Split for Done SFC, the question appears: which resource and operation should be specified for Split if the SFC has already completed the last (and maybe all) operation of the router? This area is not covered by the original design for sure.

Regards,

Sergiy

former_member182330
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If it exists, I believe it can be only in split activity activity rules list. Check it. If no - then you saw such rule for some other activity.

Regards,

Konstantin