Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eCATT for creating test IDs and assigning roles en masse?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

We're looking for some feedback on best practices for the following scenario. Any help is appreciated.

We're implementing GRC AC Sp14 and planning to go live in February. Currently we are using CUA but that will be removed prior to Go-Live.

Recently we had an activity where we ran a SoD risk analysis against 1800 test IDs assigned security roles to mimic production access for 1800 users. To create the test ids, our security team used LoadRunner to create scripts and then executed the scripts in the CUA. This is all in non-production.

The concern is from the Security team: what is the best approach for creating mass numbers of test IDs with role assignments? We have multiple go-lives planned so we'll repeat the SoD analysis process again.

I've been told eCATT can be executed from a central test system (i.e., Solution Manager) and if true, thats probably the best option. I've also been told LSMW could be used in a similar way.

Any feedback on these approaches or something we haven't considered would be helpful.

Thanks,

Glen

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Glen,

It is easy to build and manage the scripts with eCATT. As mentioned LSMW is another approach that you may follow. But, eCATT is widely used, since the script can be created in one system, and executed on the other

I hope your recommendation is worthy to consider.

Regards,

Raghu