Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

compound field- 'Unable to retrieve source records'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

My Compound field is Contract price.

Iam in MDM 5.5.

I have created a Compound field and works fine when i import records manually with one record. But when i use automatic process I get a strucutral exception. Then opening the IM manually and selecting the file using Port option in Import status i get error the 'Contract price' is not mapped.

the Compound field-Contract price which i have created on right clicking is not present in soruce and the destination field-Contract price is not mapped to any source field.

So when now i manually right click again -create compund field-Contract price, I get error 'Unable to retrieve source records' .

I have mapped all the Non Qualifier and then only i right clicked and selected the COmpund field-Contract price for the first time. but, y its not creating in automatic process.

Any steps missing by me or some data issues?

Thanks ,

Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

here is my scenario.

I am importing qualified table along with main table.

Qualified table initial value:

Non Qualifier 1:X (type:text)

Non Qualifier 2:Y (type:look up flat)

Qualifier 1:currency

Qualifier 2:Start date

Qualifier 3:end date

Both Non qualifier is a Display field.

I mapped all Qualifier and Non Qualifier fields and then right click-compound field. This compound field is mapped to the destination field(Contract price).

Here in Ist import i get with values as mentioned above and it is maintained in DM so it gets matched and process successfully.

In 2nd import i get a different value in (Non Qualifier 1 : P). So, Now since this value is not maintained in DM,I need to Add this value and Map it on importing main table itself automatically.

Is it possible?.

Or Is it Mandate that all Non Qualfier values needs to maintained before importing main table.

If this is the case then My Non Qualfier 1 is a text field and it gets value every time newly.

i get an error with no COmpound field getting populated automatcically in source side and throws structural exception. On trying to import manually using Port option , Compound field is enabled but on clicking on it i get an error 'Unable to reterieve the source records'

I expect all your valuable suggestion ...

Thanks

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MDM experts,

Can anyone help in this above issue with the Compound field . It crictal where is it possible or not.

Thanks in Advance

Pradeep