cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facing a issue in Solman Charm in moving a Role TP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Am facing one issue in Solman Charm. In this we can't able to transport only roles in a TP. Ther is no problem with other TPs.

In Dev we can release the child requests with the role. Then in solman we can't able to release the TP. Neither its showing any dump error. But its not moving to quality.

But We can able to move if we create role TP in DEV and release manually without help of CHARM. But we can't able to release through CHARM. We din do any changes in solman or other system but suddenly it occurs. Other TPs are not having any problem. we have no clue of this issue.

Please suggest...

Thanks and Regards,

Santhosh Kumar.

Edited by: santhoshkumarvellore on Aug 17, 2011 3:25 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you need to dive into this issue a little deeper. ChaRM doesn't care that your changes are to a security role. This is not your issue.

If you want help troubleshooting this in the forum we need a lot more detail. Such as:

Is this an urgent or normal correction?

What phase is your maintenance cycle in?

Are there any warnings or errors on the change document?

Are there any errors on the Actions tab?

Are there any errors on your task list?

Is the transport in the buffer?

Have you run a trace on both SolMan and the systems where you are moving the transports?

Walk us through exactly what you are doing in as much detail as possible. It's hard to troubleshoot through a forum without details.

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jason,

I can able to release the child tps from DEV system. But i can't able to release the parent TP in the urgent correction from the solman. Its not showing any error. Rateher even if we give "release transport request" and saved its not showing any error in action log or tasks.Its still in Development status.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Santhosh Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

can able to release the child tps from DEV system.

I'm not sure what a child transport is. Are you referring to the tasks?

But i can't able to release the parent TP in the urgent correction from the solman. Its not showing any error. Rateher even if we give "release transport request" and saved its not showing any error in action log or tasks.Its still in Development status.

Please suggest.

I would run a trace in ST01 on both SolMan and the Dev system to start troubleshootig this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

can able to release the child tps from DEV system.

I'm not sure what a child transport is. Are you referring to the tasks?

But i can't able to release the parent TP in the urgent correction from the solman. Its not showing any error. Rateher even if we give "release transport request" and saved its not showing any error in action log or tasks.Its still in Development status.

Please suggest.

I would run a trace in ST01 on both SolMan and the Dev system to start troubleshootig this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I Contacted some solution manager consulatants for this issue. They said thata there is nothing wrong in the charm settings. and also all other CRs are moving perfectly. Even if we create a new and its released without any issue. The problem is only if we try to modify the existing role and try to move that its throwing this issue, what thy consulted was when its trying to release the request solman uses a Badi and it trigers the request to be reeased in DEV and there was problem in that. Can anyone help in this??

Regards,

Santhosh Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Guys,

I raised the OSS message for this. They said the maximum number for tht particular project was exceeded. so only we can't able to release the TP through CHARM. Then they given the "Note 564285 - New project status switches". The problem has been solved. Thank you everyone for your support.

Regards,

Santhosh Kumar.