cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BI Mobile iPad App - Custom URL Scheme?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know if the SAP Bi Mobile iPad app registers a Custom URL Scheme (so that it can be opened from a link in a web page or email)?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone have an answer in how to set the Username and password?

My SAP BI URL is working fine when opening it from a mailbox but it seems the username part is not working nor filled in.

When opening the URL from webmail it is blocked for security reasons.

Chrs.,

Patrick

KarstenRUF
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Transmitting user names and (especially) passwords in clear text is not a best practice. So, that part of the feature has been disabled to increase the security.

==k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to develop an application that needs to open a specific report in SAP Mobile BI app. I found here and used sapbi:// custom url scheme. As you said, it only opens Connections view?

Isn't there a solution to open a report yet?

I couldn't find 4.1.1 documentation to check.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to determine that the Custom URL Scheme is "sapbi://" for the SAP BO Mobile iPad app.

Does anyone know the parameters that can be passed in order to open a specific connection and report?

KarstenRUF
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

To create the URL you need to specify values for the required parameters using the following format:

sapbi://addconnection?name=ConnectionName&server_url=ServerName/IP:Port&cms=

ServerName/IP:Port&authType=AuthenticationType&default=yes/no&user=User

Name&password=UserPassword&save_password=yes/no

For example, assuming the following parameters,

Connection Name = Manufacturing

Server URL = https://yoda.corp.com/8080

CMS: Luke77

the following could be the corresponding URL:

sapbi://addconnection?name=Manufacturing&server_url=https://yoda.corp.com/8080&cms=Luke77&authType=secEnterprise&default=no&save_password=yes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Karsten,

Thank you! That is extremely helpful!

Is there a document that describes this, or can you specify more of the API? Additionally I am looking to be able to go directly to a report in the app, not just to the "Connections" view.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am looking for this document, too. If you found any information about that it would be great if you could post it here.

Thanks a lot!

Meike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Meike,

Here's is what I found out, hope it helps you:

the Custom URL scheme for the BusinessObjects Mobile BI app is "sapbi://"

The ONLY thing currently supported is what Karsten wrote above in this thread (ie, openConnection)

The only additional thing that I have found is that you can use "sapbi://" alone (no parameters) and switch into the app. So if you open the app, open a report, and then minimize the app, then calling "sapbi://" from another app (test it in safari) will switch to the app with that report opened. This is not really practical, but may serve a need if you are demonstrating a proof-of-concept and need to switch to a report.

I was told that additional functionality may be supported in the future for this custom URL scheme, but this is what is available now.

Check out the newest SAP Mobile 4.0.1 iPad documents from SAP -- these have been updated extensively from the previous version.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For example, assuming the following parameters,

Connection Name = Manufacturing

Server URL = https://yoda.corp.com:8080

CMS: Luke77

the following could be the corresponding URL:

sapbi://addconnection?name=Manufacturing&server_url=https://yoda.corp.com:8080&cms=Luke77&authType=secEnterprise&default=no&save_password=yes

Just to correct this for others who might google it. The documentation is incorrect as well we need to use a colon : for the port number not a / as I have corrected it above.

-Dave