Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List of impacted tcodes for object set to C.M status in SU24

0 Kudos

Hi Julius

I am raising this question on behalf of a collegue ..

Is there a table or report in ECC that lists all the impacted transactions codes for an auth object F_BKPF_BLA where the status is set to C/M in SU24.

Release is 4.6c

Ive checked the USOB* tables and cannot find this info.

Any ideas?

Regards

Charmaine

14 REPLIES 14

0 Kudos

Hi Julius

Its Ok - now we found this list in 4.6 - SU24 apparently we were looking in ECC6 which was the wrong system.

My next question is "why cant we see the same level of detail in SU24 for ECC6.

0 Kudos

In SU24 (4.6c) you can see the CM status for the object - select the object then use the where-used list function and you get a list of impacted transction codes.

but this does not seem to work in ECC6 which I find a bit strange ...

0 Kudos

Hi Charmaine

Our ECC6 is picking up 192 tcodes - are you running SU24 - swap to authorization object tab, leave "transaction" in the bottom and entering the object in the top field?

Regards

David

0 Kudos

Hi David

Yes we get that too but SB just wanted to get a list to transactions where the status of the object is set to C/M as some the the tcodes with C(Check) status might be used in the background by abap standard/custom programs.

0 Kudos

Hi Charmaine

I see - not being an ABAPer I can just about read the CALL TRANSACTION (think it's that whilst offline) and the AUTHORI* but, personally, I wouldn't be going that far into the detail as the calling transaction may never be run by an end user to trigger possibly further calls.

Identifying business processes and what the user really needs rather than trying to second-guess the transaction and or program (and open up holes) to reduce UAT work later is maybe overdoing it?

Suppose it also depends on whether they are doing a rebuild and trying to avoid issues...

Cheers

David

0 Kudos

Your question does not make sense.

Impacted by what?

-upgrade changes?

-tcodes in menus of roles?

-roles with changed authorizations?

-modifiable transports with an impacted role?

-executable transactions for ??? (see SUIM reports)

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

ok here's the detail. The requirement is to implement authorization groups for financial document types for object F_BKPF_BLA.

To understand the impact to the business we need a list of all transactions linked to this object in SU24 but only with status indicator of C/M. Although we could see all transactions impacted for an object in SU24 we could not find a way of downloading into excel for analysis.

but the "where is used" function in su24 seems to work and list all transactions used once you highlight object F_BKPF_BLA with C/M indicator.

this is in 4.6c ...

0 Kudos

> To understand the impact to the business we need a list of all transactions linked to this object in SU24 but only with status indicator of C/M. Although we could see all transactions impacted for an object in SU24 we could not find a way of downloading into excel for analysis.

>

> this is in 4.6c ...

USOBT_C table gives you that list. And as Julius already said USOBX_C modified field will be blank if you are not modifying SU22 that anyway you should not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Ive checked the USOB* tables and cannot find this info.

>

> Charmaine

Why would USOBT or USOBT_C not show this info? As far as I know they show only the t-codes for which auth object is in Check Maintain state. USOBX or USOBX_C on the other hand would show both check (Check and No) and check maintain (check and Yes). I am on ECC 6.

Note- check maintain is same as check in check indicator and Yes in proposal in ECC 6.

0 Kudos

totally agree with you on USOBX_C - you should be able to see this but the MODIFIED field is empty in this table?? Can you see any values in your system?

0 Kudos

The MODIFIED field has been somewhat problematic if you have been making changes in SU22 (which you should not do!)

What is wrong with USOBT_C? If there is an entry there, then it is proposed.

Please formulate your question again to describe exactly what you are doing between the releases and what you want from Su24.

You might also want to mention that you are upgrading, or possibly you have a 46C system and your "colleague" is on a completely different ECC 6.0 system?

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Julius

sorry about the confusion - Just to be clear, no-one is authorised to run SU22 and we are not upgrading to a higher release

We were simpy just trying to find the objects that have CM status SU24 in 4.6c. We were misinterpreting the columns in the USOBT_C table. Assumption was that there was would be a flag or status in the Modification field but we found that filtering on the object itself in table USOBT_C does give a list of all transactions & fields and their default values (if any) proposed in SU24 anyway and excludes objects that are only have a status of only "Checked" in SU24 which is what we wanted

Cheers

Charmaine

0 Kudos

The flag is still in usobx_c. Anything in usobt_c IS "check/maintain" (now displayed as "proposal" in the GUI).

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.