cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading SAP EP 7.0 from EHP1 to EHP2 SP 06

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are planning to upgrade our existing EP 7.0 from EHP1 SP 7 to EHP2 SP 06.

I checked for the SPS download from MOPZ but could not locate the target stack(EHP2) after selecting correct source stack (EHP1 SP 7).

The upgrade guides using EHPI also require the SPS configuration (XML) file to proceed with the upgrade.

1. How can I get the target stack for 7.0 EHP2 to be displayed from MOPZ. Am I missing anything ?

2. Is it possible to update to EHP2 using JSPM or should we proceed by Using EHPI tool and corresponding upgrade DVD's.

Thanks in advance.

Varun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nirmal_konchada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. The solution Manager must be 7.0 SP22 or above to generae the stack.xml for EHP2.

2. You can use SAPJup for upgrade.

Regards,

Nirmal.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are on Solman 701 SP 06 which corresponds to Stack 23 and are still unable to generate the stack.xml file

To eliminate the product version conflict in SMSY which could have been a reason, I have configured the system again in SMSY, but still cannot get the EHP2 stack details in the 'Target stack' drop down in MOPZ.

Any ideas, if I am missing something.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Mopz behave as the prodcut version defined in the SMSY, cross-check that point.Also choose Enhancement in MOpz transaction instaead of "Maintenance", Your solman version is sufficient for upgrade.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

You will definitely need to maintain system details correctly. Synchorinse your system details in solution manager and also please ensure that you have chosen upgrade / Enhancement option and not maintenance. Also ensure that MOPZ is up to date and also you have the latest ST version.

Thanks and regards,

Karan Shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks all for the response.

I have maintained the product version as SAP EHP1 FOR SAP NETWEAVER 7.0 and cant find the option in MOPZ for "Enhancement Package Installation". Only the "Maintenance" radio button option is available.

Since the product version displayed in DSWP is SAP EHP1 FOR SAP NETWEAVER 7.0, i am assuming that the SMSY details have been maintained correctly.

Any ideas on why the Enhancement / Upgrade option is not being displayed in MOPZ ? Although I can see them for ERP system.

Thanks,

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check that via SMSY correctly assigned the Logical Component otherwise you should be created one Test creation then try it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Change product version into SAP Netweaver 7.0 not with EHP1. After that you can see upgrade option in mopz.

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did the issue get resolved?

Please also update the MOPZ too.

Thanks and Regards,

Karan Shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for the valuable inputs.

The issue was resolved after we re-created the product system in SMSY, updated SLD CR content, and applied following SAP notes:

1452118, 1461849, 1485385, 1548530 and 1590226

Regards,

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great. So you needed to update SLD CR as well. Thanks for the info.

As you have applied the notes for MOPZ correction, please note that if you are on SP24 and you installed SAP note 1485385 and later updated the system to SP25, the nyou will get errors for missing method definition in MOPZ.

The solution lies in the PDF attached in the same note.

Thanks for posting the resolution.

Answers (0)