cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One delivery multiple PGI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a requirement where one delivery needs to have multiple Picked quantities and multiple PGI according to the load of the truck.

Scenario is:

One delivery will be created with 100 MT.

As soon as a truck arrives it will be loaded and approximately 25 MT will be picked from the delivery and PGI will be made.

Again when second truck arrives subsequently from the same Delivery Order I want to pick 25 more qauntity and PGI for only this 25 qty.

I cannot create multiple delivery and i will have to create multiple picking and PGI.

As per my knowledge the:

1) Picked quantity and the Delivery quantity has to be same.

2) Once PGI is done we cannot change the quantity in VL02N without reversing PGI.

There will be no WM and please anyone can suggest other than activating SPLIT PROFILE to address the scenario.

No USER EXIT or coding or routines, only standard is the requirement.

Its a very urgent requirement if anyone can help.

Regards,

Deb.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

kalyan_mokirala
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deb,

You can have only one Goods issue for one delivery; How ever if you want to have Handling unit concept implemented you can have different hanling units created for the total quantity of delivery and have different shipments created for the quantity of the handling units and process the delivery.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Deb,

To put it in one line: Multiple PGI are not possible for a single Delivery Document.

In other Words: PGI is applicable to whole delivery document & not any part of it.

You will have to create multiple Deliveries & do multiple PGI...

Hope this clarifies,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Debsapsd,

You can create a delivery of 100

Pick 25, PGI 25 and save.

Again go to vl01n of the sale order and the remaining qty 75 will appear in the new delivery.

save it.

pick 25, PGI 25 and save. A new delivery number will be created.

Again do VL01N and repeat the steps of PICKING and PGI.

A single delivery cannot have multiple PGI.

Else mention your business requirement, so what we can suggest an apt solution.

Check and revert back.

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Hegal K Charles,

What you have suggested is Delivery Split. Please correct me if I have misunderstood.

and everytime i go to VL01N new delivery number will be generated from the system.

Here the requirement is only one Delivery Number.

Regards,

Deb

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Deb,

Yes my solution will create many delivery documents.

But if its as per the details you have provided, you can try transportation principle.

You can make the delivery load divided as per the truck capacity using shipment.

Multiple shipment can be made from single delivery.

Here too, PGI will only happen once.

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles

Edited by: Hegal . K . Charles on Aug 17, 2011 11:53 PM

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What do you mean by "requirement"?

What you described is not a business requirement and even it is not the correct description of technical requirements / constraints (in my opinion).

If I translate you question: "Is it possible in standard system what is not possible in standard system?"

Whether you should reveal your real requirements which are behind your question (and maybe forum members can suggest a sensible solution) or you have to use the mentioned delivery split or development to "fulfil" your "requirement".

Remark: I do not suggest to realize your "requirement" in the system even via development, because it's very difficult to see the end of it...

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Aug 17, 2011 2:04 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Csaba Szommer,

Just to elaborate my question it is purely a business requirement where the Sales Order and Delivery will be created by the Sales Office and the Picking and PGI needs to be performed from the plant and plant will not have authorisaion to create delivery to have control centralised.

Further plant can create PGI only on the basis of truckload and there can be multiple truck loads for each delivery as the quantity in the delivery will be more than a truck load capacity.(this is STANDARD BUSINESS PROCESS almost in all industries)

So , now I hope you can understand the requirement.

Secondly I am very much aware of Delivey Split in SAP , thus do not need to waste the valuable time of various experts to provide input on the same.

Thirdly, in SAP everything is possible through developments but the requirement here has to be met by standard or else business procedure needs to be changed.

That is the reason I requested for no developments.

Further I know one way it can be addressed in the system in standard, but it is complicated and will make maintenance difficult.

That is why I am looking for suggestion which is simple but possible in SAP.

If you can help please advise.

Regards,

Deb