cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abnormal behaviour when Uploading a document.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing an issue at the time of uploading the doc file in contract management ->clause list ->open any clause in edit mode or create a new clause and upload it in content options in Sourcing 7.0.

When ever I am attaching the file and as soon as I click "Next" , if next page is starting with status as "Not Started" and percent complete as "0" ,then document upload chances are like 95 % successful but if status is "started" and percent complete is "10" then document upload chances are 0% successful for me.

When unsuccessful it is throwing "Your request has failed because of an unexpected error. Contact your System Administrator."

Any help is appreciated.

Regards ,

Uday

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Couple things that you can check are:

1. Virus scan engine is up and running

2. Contract gen services are up

If you dont have access to these, you would need to request your Admin team to assist.

Thanks,

Vikram Shukla

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resoved ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday ,

I am also facing the same issue while uploading the clause document , Can you please help and suggest how you resolved the issue,

Regards ,

Piyush Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi both,

this problem typically occurs when the Word service is facing some issues. Please try to restart that service.

If that works, please mark this question as answered.

Thanks,

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi both,

this problem typically occurs when the Word service is facing some issues. Please try to restart that service.

If that works, please mark this question as answered.

Thanks,

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Armin ,

We already tried restarting the word service , but no success . Checked the word service through word service URL also and its working fine . But when i try to upload a contract clause or create a contract document , it gives error .

Kindly suggest if something more can be done

Regards,

Piyush Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Piyush,

could you please check the logs of the word service; you have to go to the contract generation server to get those logs.

Also do you have the correct word service w.r.t. docx vs doc

Hope this helps,

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Virkam

I did follow that thread and my contrat generation webservice is up and running.But its still showing same behaviour.

Regards,

Uday.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram ,

Thanks for the reply .

I have checked with the admin team and found out that there is no Virus Scan Engine Installed at all!. So Is it necessary that a virus scan engine be installed for proper functioning of this ?. As there is no Virus Scan Engine installed , I think It shall be still a ease for me to upload any document.

Regards,

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Virus scan engine is necessary to make sure users do not upload virus infected files into the E-Sourcing system. This activity is generally done by the BASIS team during system installation. The following virus scan engines are supported by SAP Sourcing:

Symantec Scan Engine 5.1

Symantec Scan Engine 5.2

What about your contract gen web services...is it up? Please get it restarted once.

You can also look at the thread below for more information:

Thanks,

Vikram Shukla

Edited by: Vikram Shukla on Aug 18, 2011 10:03 PM

pawan_amarnani
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

I have E-Sourcing system in Iinux platform and word service in windows 2008 server.

Could you please tell me in which server virus scan engine shall be installed?

Could you please tell me the whole process of contract generation from end user's point of view.

Thanks,

Pawan.