Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit control area

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Can i assign two credit control area to one company code.. ?

Basically i have two division where concern of division 1 only wants to see the credit order block of division 1, or is there any other work around ?

Looking for the gurus response.

Regards,

Imran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

I will maintain this through risk category.

Credit group is not usefull because i use this feature for authorization, if credit is block due to x only user abc can see this, and if lmit exceed by xx user xyz will only see this.

Regards,

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Imran,

You can have multiple credit control area for your company code.

This is done in the following path

SPRO>F5>Financial accounting new >Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable>credit management>Credit control account>Assign Permitted Credit Control Areas to Company Code

You have possibly already made an assignment between the company code and credit control area under Enterprise Structure -> Assignment -> Financial Accounting -> Assign Company Code - Credit Control Area.

In addition to this default credit control area, in this IMG activity you can enter further permitted credit control areas for each company code.

You can specify these credit control areas in the line item or they can be determined in the order from the order data, customer data, or a user exit. This means that the control area can be used flexibly as an internal control instrument, and data that needs to be posted in the same company code for accounting reasons need no longer be managed in the same control area.

The control area additionally allocated to the company code is only a default and is used, for example, for crediting commitments for those incoming payments to the customer that cannot be allocated. Otherwise, the credit amount is deducted in the control area in which it was also added.

I hope your requirement is blocking/credit check should function for one particular division xx, but should not function for another division yy.

If this is the requirement, then in OVFL, maintain the credit control area for that particular sales area (div=xx) and do not maintain the credit control area for the sales area with division yy.

Check and revert back.

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles

od_manikandan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hai Imran,

Use T CODE: VKM1

Instead of using two credit control area use two customer credit group.

Financial Accounting (New)

Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable

Credit Management

Credit Control Account

Define Groups

Regards,

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No, you cannot assign multiple credit control areas to a company code, although vice versa is possible i.e. one can assign multiple company codes to one credit control area.

Assigning multiple credit control areas to a company code isn't logical as the credit limits for customers in a company code get checked wrt credit limits maintained in two different entities , which woul defeat the purpose of credit control.

You can assign your sales area to credit control area to check for credit limits within a sales area.

Regards,

Saurabh