cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver file name should contain the same plant value as sender filename

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement in PI 7.0 and the scenario is synchronous which is as follows:

- XI will read a flat file which has the naming convention Plant_100.txt where 100 is the plant number , after reading the file XI will trigger standard BAPI call to ECC system.

- ECC system will return an response message back to XI , XI need to need write this message in to a log file and the file name should be Plant_100_logs.txt.

- Here plant value 100 is neither passed to ECC system nor this value will be returend back from ECC system . So , is there anyway where we can make sure that plant value can be added to the log file without using an BPM in between ??

Regards

Vinay P.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Using Dynamic configuration in Message mapping you can read the source file name and creta the target file name as same as source file.

For BAPI call in Mapping you can use RFC lookup.

So crete a scenario FILE to log FILE

In mapping using RFC lookup make a BAPI call.

And use dynamic configuration to set the file name.

Refer this

http://www.saptechnical.com/Tips/XI/ASMA/Index.htm

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I have the same requirement. But i am not allowed to use RFC Lookup. instead will be using RequestResposeBean. is it possible to achive the above funtionality without using RFC lookup and BPM. Is there any container object that can hold a value and is visible across mappings in a synchronous scenario?

Thanks!

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your source structure will have file name but RFC response will not have any source filename.

So you have to use RFC lookup or you can pass the filename in RFC request itself and and RFC response just return the same file name which passed in request.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am calling a Standard BAPI structure. So, cannot alter the structure to have a filename field in it. any more inputs?

Thanks!

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then try to store the file name in a properties file in PI server in first request mapping

and in response mapping retrive it using UDF.

Refer this

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/503e9bea-ea09-2e10-ec8a-cdf369de99d3

In this case synchronization problem may occur if multiple files comes at a same time.

For that reason maintain a large poll interval in sender channel so that in a single poll intervakll the total processing of the previous file completed,