cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling Web-service

abhradeepbasu
Participant
0 Kudos

Could you please let me know the step by step approach to implement the following scneario:

interfaces going into PI has to be in XML and all calls into 1SAP ECC system must be web services.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

PROXY should be WebService as well.

You can use SPROXY to expose interface to web service for ABAP or use NWDS to develop proxy for Java.

monika_eggers
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I would say for practical purposes we can say that "XI call" = "Webservice Call" = "proxy call".

Example: A third-party web service consumer sends a request to the PI/XI system.

The PI/XI system sends it to the ECC system, using an XI receiver channel.

(No mapping is needed.)

There are not just RFCs/BAPIs in ECCs, but also a lot of webservices = XI interfaces = XI proxies. Start transaction sproxy in the ECC system and you will see them.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
interfaces going into PI has to be in XML and all calls into 1SAP ECC system must be web services.

PI can process only XML messages.....either you receive messages in XML format or you have to convert the same into XML (may be by using a module) before PI can start with processing (mapping/ routing).

Call to SAP ECC should be Web service would probably mean that the ECC interface (RFC) is exposed as a webservice.

I feel your query is too generic to provide any concrete solution

abhradeepbasu
Participant
0 Kudos

1. Can we say Proxy call is also a webservice call.

2. Is there any other webservice call from Pi to ECC except RFC

arijit_mukherjee2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.Proxy is not a web-service call.

2.You can expose the RFC as WebService and can call that from PI else you can call the RFC directly.

abhradeepbasu
Participant
0 Kudos

so could you please provide me some links where i can find this type of solution where RFC is exposed as a webservice and being called from PI

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
1. Can we say Proxy call is also a webservice call.

Proxy is not a webservice call unless you make it one....SPROXY --> create your proxy --> SOAMANAGER --> WS admin --> create the service name, endpoint

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arijit,

Can you help with, How can we call the webservice from PI?

Thanks,

NehaSingh