cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to call a custom report in webdynpro application?

praveen_reddy2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

My requirement is to display custom report output in webdynpro application.

Am using SUBMIT report name like that.. its not coming..

Thanks,

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member199125
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi praveen,

you can call a program using submit report, but the ability to pass data back and forth is very limited.

Previously i had same problem with calling report in webdynpro. At the end I have replaced the report functionality. So i conclude like calling a report( which returns some screen) in webdynpro is not possible.

Check thomas suggestions in this link

Thanks and Regards

Srinivas

Edited by: sanasrinivas on Aug 17, 2011 11:15 AM

Edited by: sanasrinivas on Aug 17, 2011 11:17 AM

praveen_reddy2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Srinivas,

My report doesnt contain any screen it doesnt have a any parameters..

Even though when executing the WDA application its getting short dump Screen output without connection to user

Thanks,

Praveen

former_member199125
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, I know that error. Once u execute the error, report output is SAPGUI Screen

You can't just use SUBMIT REPORT and expect the SAPGUI to open from within the browser based Web Dynpro. That isn't technically possible.

What is your report and what is the report content. , so that we can think of alternative.

Regards

Srinivas

Edited by: sanasrinivas on Aug 17, 2011 11:57 AM

praveen_reddy2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Srinivas,

First of all thank u very much. for ur Quick response.

Am using 3 tables to fecth data and the one final output table is displayed ALV GRID..

Thanks,

Praveen.

former_member199125
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So final output is alv table . IF so, why dont u display final output in ALV table using SALV_WD_TABLE component.

write your all logic for retrieving final output data in one method, call that method in button action.

Once you have final data , bind that table to one node and

maintain external context mapping between above node to DATA node of alv interface controller.

then ur problem solve. no need to use report

Thanks and Regards

Srinvias

saravanan_narayanan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Praveen,

The ALV grid in reports uses SAP GUI to display the data. So you can't use this in the webdynpro application. As Srinivas mentioned, you can use the ALV webdynpro component. Its quite simple and you can find lot of materials for integrating the ALV in Webdynpro.

BR, Saravanan