cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps to Setup SPC @ Data Collection Maintenance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can some one Guide how to setup SPC which is part of Data collection Maintenance u2013 Parameter Detail. what are the Steps to demonstrate the Same with few data collected.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SPC setup is similar to the instructions from this [guide|https://websmp209.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700001374802008E/spcsetup.pdf].

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sergiy,

I had setup the SPC at Particular Operation, while Running the Activity SPC Display I am getting the ERROR Message as "Statit Server is not running (Message 19513) " Can you tell me what I need to do ?

Thanks

Imran

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It means that ME does not see SPC server because of either connection issue or incorrect configuration, or SPC server is not running indeed and you need to start it.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Just let me know how to Check SPC server in ME if SPC server is Available then how to conect that ?

Or how to check that SPC Server is not there bzz of configuration issue ?

Thx

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is a number of possible checks - some of them are below:

- You should check the console window of SPC if there is any error during start of SPC.

- You should check the console window of SPC if there is anything written when you are retrieving the chart in SPC Display.

- You should check System Rules if they are set up as described in the guide.

- You should have SPC files if they correspond to the release of ME in use.

- In DC Group Maintenance, on SPC tab for parameter there is button "Check Syntax", enter "log(@X)" without quotes there and click the button - if successful message appears, then ME sees SPC server, otherwise you will see the same error message.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sergiy for all information

Former Member
0 Kudos

NW 7.3

ME 6.0.2

Oracle 11g

Statit  5.4.3.201

- You should check the console window of SPC if there is any error during start of SPC.

NO ERRORS

- You should check the console window of SPC if there is anything written when you are retrieving the chart in SPC Display.

NO ERRORS

- You should check System Rules if they are set up as described in the guide.

SPC and ME are on the same server.  I have used the server name and LOCALHOST

- You should have SPC files if they correspond to the release of ME in use.

Which SPC files are you talking about?  We have the correct Statit Server installed with the correct ME version.

- In DC Group Maintenance, on SPC tab for parameter there is button "Check Syntax", enter "log(@X)" without quotes there and click the button - if successful message appears, then ME sees SPC server, otherwise you will see the same error message.

I DO NOT GET A SUCCESSFUL MSG.  I STILL GET "Statit Server is not running (Message 19513) "

We are puzzled with this issue and we can not get the support we need to fix this issue.  any assistance s appreciated.

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First, per ME Installation Guide, e-Statit 5.4.1 is the one which is certified for ME.

Second, "correct files" means the files that should be replaced in Statit folder, as per ME Installation Guide.

Third, what is the problem with "getting the support", can't you simply su bmit a support ticket?

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have replaced the files before and  dd it again to be sure.  Something different I have not noticed before is that the server will not start even though it has started before.  Please review the image and let me know what I should do.

We do have a ticket for this matter, but the response adequate.

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I see your ticket, however, it looks as if you have not had any guidence for SPC installation and setup.

I have provided the links to available documentation about SPC.

As to your error message, the problem is in installation of SPC - some files are missing. So, I would reinstall SPC in accordance with the documentation.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

You're right.  We have been following the documentation for the ME installation and the other documents you provided are not included and should be.  We have decided to uninstall the Statit and the ME SPC Server and start this process over.  Thanks for your help.

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If there is any problem while following the instructions from the official guides, please update the ticket with your progress and provide screen shots to illustrate the issue.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

No problem.  Will do