cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which change pointers should I activate for PDS'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a scenario where I am creating PDS' from only BOMs in ECC. I have set up integration models for all the necessary BOMs. The Initial transfer worked seamlessly. I have made a few changes to BOMs in ECC and I noticed that the change flag in CURTO_PDS_CHG table is not being set. But when I create new BOMs, the change flag in CURTO_PDS_CHG is being set. As a result, I am not able to do a change transfer for PDS.

I believe this is happening because I have not activated the relevant change pointers for PDS. And I can not find relevant change pointers for PDS that I need to activate. Is any standard message type that I can activate (in transaction BD50) for ensuring change transfer for PDS takes place?

The only change pointer( or message type) that looks relevant to PDS change transfer is -

1) CIFRTO_INFREC - APO-CIF: Change Production Data Structure Extl. Processing

But this message type does not have any tables/fields assigned in transaction BD52. If I have to use this message type for capturing changes to PDS', Do I have to maintain all the tables/field names for this message type? Isn't there any standard Message type that I can use?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

wilian_segatto
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Maverick!

Message Type CIFRTO_INFREC is the right way to go...

Maybe you can add the field you desire in /BD52 click on "Add entries"...

Anyway, do you currently have active integration models for your Plant, Material, BOM and PDS?

Do you have a valid routing or recipe which is maintained in the Production Version in /C223?

If so, do you have a green light in /C223?

Which is the field you are trying to transfer? Is it NOT standard?

Will

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Will,

Thanks for the response. I have active integration models for Plant, Material and BOMs. I do not need routing or recipe or even production version in APO as I am transferring the BOMs to APO for a DP-BOM planning area.

And I am afraid the ECC system does not create relevant change pointers (relevant to CIF change transfer) when BOMs change. I think the table CURTO_PDS_CHG needs to be updated when a change takes place, for CIF to identify changes to BOMs and transfer them. Currently, ECC only updates the CURTO_PDS_CHG table when I add a new BOM to the integration model.

I did try to activate the message type CIFRTO_INFREC by adding various field form MAST, STPO etc in transaction BD52. But CURTO_PDS_CHG is still not updated when a change takes place in a BOM and hence the change is not transferred to APO. Is there anything that I am missing here?? Any help is appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Yash,

did you manage to use the change pointers for BOMs ?

I have similar scenario (BOMs for DP BOM) that I send via CURTO_CREATE_BOM, but there no change pointers to send.

any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hugues

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

abhay_kapase
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried CURTO_CREATE transaction code in ECC to process the PDS change pointers.

Regards,

Abhay Kapase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response.

I have tried CURTO_CREATE, but it does not pick up the changes in BOMs as the relevant change pointers have not been set. Do you know which change pointers I need to activate, in order for CURTO_CREATE to transfer the changes?