cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return from Customer Process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using the movement type 651 and the quantity is posted in the Return Status and we would like to know if you could help us with the questions/

1 - The document account has not been generated by system. Is it correct?

2 - We've tried to transfer from Return to Unrestricted status using tcode MB1B and movement type 453 but the quantity has been posted in quality status. We've thought the quantity would be posted in Unrestricted Status... Are we right?

3 - Another... we would use the movement type 655 in SD in which the quantity is posted in quality status and we can use tcode QM transaction to transfer the quantity for Unrestricted or Blocked status?

I'd be pleasure if you could give us some tips for this process.

BR

Valdevair

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Valdevair,

Let me try to explain as per my understanding!

1. Yes itu2019s correct. 651 movement document doesnu2019t contain any financial document.

2. It should be posted to unrestricted use only by 453 movement and not to quality inspection. You might have activated inspection type 05 in material master. Deactivate it if you want the stock to be posted to unrestricted use.

3. From your point number 3, it seems that you are planning to take the customer returned material in to your system by 655 instead of 651 and want to know customization, this methodology requires.

a. Itu2019s possible. Unlike 651 movement, in this case system generates FICO documents for 655 posting the stock to quality inspection.

b. You need to exercise transaction code VOV6. Select appropriate delivery type which you are utilizing for returns. Click on detail view there. Change movement type from 651 to 655 there.

c. You need to activate inspection type 05 in order to create inspection lot.

d. Do not forget to check this effects with good FI and SD consultants!

I would recommend following 651 would be the better option, as this is one of the standard and proven practices being followed mostly.

Regards,

Anand Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

I would like to thank you for answers!!

The return process now is clear for me. I am going to do some test with both suggestions...using movement type 651 and 655.

Kind Regards,

Valdevair

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

By doing 651 movement type for PGR (reversal of PGI) is correct and the stock will appear in return column of MMBE.The accounting entries in this case will be, Sales Debit, Taxes Debit and Customer account credit But COGS & Inventory will not be reversed with this.

For this you need to do one more transfer posting as below

Transfer posting with Mvmt type 453: With this, the COGS & inventory will get reversed and your stock will be moved to Unrestricted stock

Transfer posting with Mvmt Type 457: With this, the COGS & inventory will be reversed and the stock will be moved to Quality stock. For this you need to maintain inspection type 05 for the material in QM view. Also create the Insp plan with Usage 5.

Thanks

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

1 - The document account has not been generated by system. Is it correct?

2 - We've tried to transfer from Return to Unrestricted status using tcode MB1B and movement type 453 but the quantity has been posted in quality status. We've thought the quantity would be posted in Unrestricted Status... Are we right?

Generally you should use 655 Instead of 453.Also Note that the process of returns through quality involves 06 inspection type which is not stock relevent.Means I presume there will be no accounting document for this.

453 is returns to own & if 05 inspection type is active ,it will post to QI.

3 - Another... we would use the movement type 655 in SD in which the quantity is posted in quality status and we can use tcode QM transaction to transfer the quantity for Unrestricted or Blocked status?

for this you can activate 05 inspection lot origin against the return order.This will create lot of 05 for which you can do stock posting to block or unrestricted.

1. Maintain Inspection Type 05 in Material master.

2. Don t Maintain any Inspection lot Origin in SPRO > QM > Quality Inspection > Inspection Lot creation > Inspection at shipping > Assign Inspection lot Origin to Delivery type.

3. Create Inspection Plan for Customer return with usage 5.

4. Then create return delivery with respect to sale order no or Document no.

5. Do PGI.

6. Now a lot will be generated with stock posting option.