Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversion Completion Phase : REPOSRC entry in worklist

nikki_lum
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am at the Conversion Completion Phase in a MDMP UC.

In SUMG, I have an enty REPOSRC among others which has a few thousand entries.

I scheduled the worker job, and it completed in split seconds without any logs in the "main log"

I found :

indicating it can be ignored.

However, I am not able to view the table REPOSC in se16, it gives me a shortdump.

Syntax error in program "/1BCDWB/DBREPOSRC ".

The following syntax error occurred in the program /1BCDWB/DBREPOSRC :

"The databae view "REPOSRC" is write-protected, so it cannot be changed"

Error in ABAP application program.

exactly in this thread.

I am concern if this is an actual problem or normal behavior for this version.

My system is SAP R/3 Ent 4.7 x110 SR 1 with SAP Basis 68, Kernel 6.40 / patch 369. System is unicode now.

I have checked in an ECC system, and I am able to view the REPOSRC table entries. and I am able to do a syntax check on the program "/1BCDWB/DBREPOSRC ".

I have checked a SAP R/3 4.6 system, this table and program does not exist. Thus, I am thinking if this is normal behavior in 4.7 as it is in between versions...or if this is a genuine error from the UC.

Please advise.

Nikki

4 REPLIES 4

nils_buerckel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Nikki,

please check these threads:

REPOSRC cannot be repaired by SUMG; It appears in SUMG, because the reports listed in the table may contain some language-dependent comments or the subcomponents (e.g function modules or includes) have no language key assigned. However, this does not have any consequences for functionality of the report sources. You can therefore ignore REPOSRC in SUMG.

Best regards,

Nils Buerckel

nikki_lum
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Nil,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I have read that thread. the url message I put in earlier points to the same thread you advised. I understand that I could ignore it.This had caused me to check the REPOSRC table which gave me shortdumps.

is it normal behavior in SAP 4.7 that I am not able to view REPOSRC (shortdumps), or is it caused by the UC conversion (the shortdumps)?

kind regards,

Nikki

nils_buerckel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Nikki,

please activate the dictionary object REPOSRC in SE11 (SE11 > Dictionary Object > Activate).

Then go to SE16 > Table > generate program

Then it should work.

Best regards,

Nils Buerckel

0 Kudos

Hi Nils,

Thank you. I got hold of the original source 4.7 non-unicode. REPOSRC display the same characteristics.

And yes, after following your last reply there is no short dump.

This should not be under Unicode Thread..

rgds,

Nikki