cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earlywatch Alert with No Ratings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I had configured one of my XI system to my Solamn for EW Alerts. It was working fine and giving me the reports every week for the last 3 months. But last week onwards, I am not getting the report. When I checked in DSWP Solutions Overview, I could find the Report is in Gray Rated (No Ratings). I tried to open the report (Standard Report) But only the first page is available; that also with incomplete data.

I have crosschecked the following Configs and found all are perfect:

1. SMSY Entries (Product Ssytem and Logical component)

2. RFCs to the Satellite Systems and Vice versa

3. Solution definitions in DSWP

I tried to generate the report manually and my observations are:

1. /BDL/TASK_PROCESSOR job is running for approx 5 minutes (I guess the data is gathered by this job in the satellite system)

2. SM:EXEC SERVICES Job in Solman is running only for 25 - 30 Seconds (Finishing successfully; No errors reported)

From point 2, i guess the job is getting finished before the complete data transfer from satellite to central system happens and hence an incomplete EW alert.

Have anybody faced this issue before or can anybody give your valuable inputs on solving this issue? Looking forward for your help..

Thanks.

Regards,

Renju Aravind.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

A grey rated EWA has a Grey diamond Icon. If it has a grey diamond Icon then there is a T/S Note

and depending on if there is a Java Stack or an ABAP stack different checks/actions are required.

Please refer to SAP Note 762696 - Grey Rating for EarlyWatch Alert.

There is also a blank page icon, which is "Not Rated" and there are two notes for that depending on your Release/SP level

1415702 or 1496931

What a grey rating indicates is some important information was not available and due to this a useful EWA report cannot be

generated. So you get the grey rating. Hopefully yhr resources above should help.

Rgeards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Paul,

Thank you so much for your support.

I have referred to the notes you have mentioned. But I could see the data is collected properly in the Satellite System which I can see in SDCCN. The data is missing while it is transferred to the Solution Manager system. Also, It cannot be because of the authorization of the user which is running the SM:EXEC SERVICES job, as the reports are getting generated for around 25 systems which are configured to this Solman. I am facing the problem only for the XI system.

Kindly advise.

Regards,

Renju.

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

You never mentioned the icon ( is it a grey diamond) as the icon tells a story.

You have confirmed this system has an ABAP stack, so SDCCN and RFC will be used.

When you say the data has been collected on the satellite system, does this mean there is a transport with the data in the done tab or the task is in the done tab? And there are no errors in the SDCCN log? You have checked the functioning and ability to logon via the SM_<SID>CLNT<CLNTNO.>_BACK RFC?

Please advise.

Regards,

Paul

Answers (0)