cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebDynpro Notification Service with multiple Application Servers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am currently working on a project where I have to integrate a BSP Application into a new Web Dynpro ABAP Application. On the BSP Page it is possible to edit some details (for example for a customer).

When the user start to work on the BSP Page, the Web Dynpro Page should prohibit the navigation (i.e. disable all links). After Saving the BSP page, the navigation lock is released and the Web Dynpro reloads some data, which were changed from the BSP Page.

I have a NetWeaver 7.02 so I decided to use Shared Objects and the new Web Dynpro Notification Service to realize the given requirements. On the development system everything worked fine. The Notification Service was called and it took about 2 Seconds until the Web Dynpro Application updated.

But we got serious problems on the testmachine, which uses a Web Dispatcher and two application servers. After some research we managed that the application is running, and works.

But the Notification Service takes now up to 1 Minute until it fires the registered actions. And I good frequently an ASSERTION_FAILED from the method CL_WDR_NOTIFICATION=>ATTACH_FOR_READ in the ST22 as long as the application is running.

Can anybody help me how to solve this issue. It is a real blocker for the project.

If there is another way to establish eventing between Web Dynpro and BSP I would also go for another solution. But I don't think there are many other possibilities (SAP Portal and NWBC are no options - Maybe the new Web Dynpro PageBuilder?).

Best Regards

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure if the Shared memory is working correctly when Web Dispatcher in between the several server instances. You might consider the database cookie instead of shared memory but will it work for your scenario? .

Page builder would work (wiring concept ).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskaran,

the shared objects themself work. I use my own shm-area to pass data between the bsp and web dynrpo world. The problem is, that I need an event from the BSP Page, that triggers an action (or an event) on webdynpro.

I think I will try the page builder. I was not sure if the wiring works also from an iView CHIP to an WebDynpro CHIP.

Regards

Daniel

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

have a look on SAP note: 1621917 - WDA: Notification service dump with dialog menus. Maybe it would solve your issue.

brgds

Kurt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

we decided to do a workaround for the moment. We use a refresh button on the Web Dynpro screen. That is not very nice, but sufficient for the moment.

Anyway: I am still interessted in the BSP-Web Dynpro Interaction Issue. So if somebody has any ideas, please let me know.

@PageBuilder: Currently the page builder does not work on the system, because of an 403 - Error when I try to call the Application-Configurator (the SICF service is active). But I will try this also as soon as this problem is solved.

Best regards

Daniel