cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Number and text for Validations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

To address one of our requirements , i have to use the Validation function (OPSI) .

The logic is working fine but i could not generate the error message while validating the data .In other words , In The Field " Message Text"the system is not pulling the message text .

The message type i have choosen is "E" and Message Class is "Z1" .I have created a separate message number in the Message Class"Z1" and surprisingly , i could not see the Message number which i created, in the field"Message Number"

Can anyone update me where the disconnect is .....or what is that i am missing in order to populate the "Message text".

Regards

Judy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether the new message is created/saved properly. You can see in SE91. If not try creating the message again.

Regards

Sreekanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreekanth ,

Thanks for your inputs .

I did checked in SE91 and it is being appeared .

Can you please suggest what else i am missing...

Kind Regards

Judy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ensure the message class in the message (next to message type) is set as Z1. If it is Z1 and you have created your new message under Z1, then it should show up in the drop down for "Message Number". It worked fine in my system. In the SAP documnetation there is one section called "Validation Messages". It gives step by step instructions. You can check this as well for reference.

Regards

Sreekanth