Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Query SQ01 restriction at Plant level

yogitamahajan2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Is possible to restrict SAP SQ01 Query report at Plant level? I mean if it can be restricted through Auth object at Role level?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think query can be restricted by user group level (SQ03/02?). And there can have a suitable naming for groups by plant name. Am I too blunt? Just a thought.

Regards,

Arpan Paik

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You'll need to work with a developer for this. This recent post contains some info on how and where you need to add code to the infoset:

0 Kudos

Thanks Alex.As we have lot of queries and User groups available in system so it can be large development that's the reason i am looking if we can restrict it through Security level rather than huge development.

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think query can be restricted by user group level (SQ03/02?). And there can have a suitable naming for groups by plant name. Am I too blunt? Just a thought.

Regards,

Arpan Paik

0 Kudos

That works, you can hard code the data selection parameters & apportion queries that way. Is OK as long as people can't change the queries.....

0 Kudos

Alex Can you please provide more explanation about this?

0 Kudos

Hi, which bit would you like more explanation on?

0 Kudos

About this one "That works, you can hard code the data selection parameters & apportion queries that way. Is OK as long as people can't change the queries."

0 Kudos

Hi,

OK, when a query is created you can hard code selection parameters into the query itself (i.e. default in the company code). That way you have have queries:

ZQ_SHIP_LIST_1000

ZQ_SHIP_LIST_2000

ZQ_SHIP_LIST_3000

Where the 1000, 2000, 3000 represents a data element by which you are separating them.

As Arpan mentioned you could tie this in with your user group policy to make sure users in certain groups (e.g. arranged by plant) are only allocated queries for their respective area.

A downside of this is that you will potentially have a lot more queries. Depending on how your S_QUERY auths are set up, the selection screen entries could be modified.

Ultimately both methods are a faff and my POV is that if you want to report on business data then it's best to code reports from scratch (including the required auth checks) or use something like BW with restrictions tied to the data model.

0 Kudos

Thanks for your help Alex!! Have a great day ahead