cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP CE Installation in Distributed Mode without SAPMNT Folder Share

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

We are installing NW CE 7.1 in Production Environment in Distributed Mode - App Server on one host and DB Server on another host.

The App and DB server OS are Windows Server 2008 R2 and DB is Oracle 11g. We have successfully installed SCS on the app server and now installing DB Server Instance on the DB Host. While installing the same, the SAP Installtion asks for path of SAPMNT.

Our Network Team has informed that due to security reasons, in production data center they will not be able to allow sharing of folder from App Server. They have asked us to check if there is any other way of completing our installation without actually creating folder share on App Server.

We would like to know whether the sharing can be taken out of the server component and the same can be enabled on the different machine and this can be given the UNC path for accessing the same.

Kindly confirm if this is possible and supported by SAP. Also let us know if there are some other supported options regarding the same.

Regards,

Shubham

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP recommends to have common sapmnt but if your security person does not allow then you can create a local sapmnt on database server and make sure that all profile (instance, start and default) should be available on database server as well. So, whenever there is any change in profile parameters same has to be made on db server as well manually.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Thanks a lot for your response. So does it mean I can copy the usr/sap folder to the DB Server and give the path from the same DB server to complete the install? Does this path need to be provided in UNC format or can be using local drive path

Also can I do the same for Additional App Server that we can install. Kindly confirm.

Regards,

Shubham

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I said to copy only profiles to your local profile directory not /usr/sap folder.

Thanks

Sunny