cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data transfer to custom table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

We are passing some custom fields from SRM to MDM via PI, So whole thing is Custom built, we generate a File from PI and drop it in MDM FTP server, I want to know how to consume the file and create entries in the MDM table(Custom table exist in MDM), I am new to MDM.

regards,

Prabhu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajesh_chavan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I understand you have data extracted and ready in xml format in MDM inbound folder. You also have data model holding your custom fields.

Next step is , Open Import manager, Map source fields to target fields and execute import (I am sure you will refer IM reference Guide for this)...

NOte - hope all look-up information for your custom fields is already there in MDM.

Cheers

Rc

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

cweissheimer
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You can use Import Manager to import this data to MDM manually, or Import Server to do this process automatically.

Of course you will need to do all the port and mapping configuration first.

Refer to the MDM 7.1 Documentation Center homepage at http://service.sap.com/installMDM71, where you can find links to all MDM documentation, how-to guides, and other information resources.

BR,

Carlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to process automatically, when ever the file comes from the PI to MDM server, the File need to be automatically picked by the Import server and update the repositories, Please let me know if there is any detailed documentation for this.

regards,

Prabhu

former_member198313
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Open console

Go to repository

go to Admin

Go to Ports

Make entries there (remote system, map etc)

change processign to auto

put time frequency (Processing Interval, next date, next time)

Switch on the Import Server.

File will be picked automatically and processed by MDM as per map and remote system.

+ AG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu,

This will be an automated process but for that to happen initial configuration in MDM and PI have to be done.

MDM part includes creation of Schema,Ports,Maps,Linking ports to Map,Configuring Workflows if required,and configuring MDIS.ini and MDSS.ini for optimization of import and syndication.

For PI side configuration please go through these links:

/people/balas.gorla/blog/2006/09/27/mdm-xi-r3-integration

/people/balas.gorla/blog/2007/02/05/r3-xi-mdm-outbound-scenario

and /people/harrison.holland5/blog/2006/11/27/mdm-syndication

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Ravi

former_member198313
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What you need is simple Import Manager guide however I dont have any....

Pls refer to these step-by-step guides....

You have to map your incoming file of PI to MDM fields with tables and switch-on the Import server.

+ AG