cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect version showing after Oracle version upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

As we have upgraded our oracle version from 10.2.0.4.0 to 11.2.0.2.0. As we go in the sqlplus / as sysdba " . it is showing the

correct version. ever after i checked through 'select version from

V$instance' showing the correct result also. 11.2.0.2.0. When we go ourenterprise portal & check the oracle version in the system info of enterprise portal showing "Oracle Database 11g Release 11.1.0.0.0 -Production"

we are not able to understand why it is showing the wrong version in the portal.

Can anybody help to trace it out.

Thanks

regards

Ravi Kant Arya

+91 9540990385

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

everything is pretty fine. This is an issue with the ojdbc*.jar file.

You can even reproduce this behaviour with the JdbcCheckup java program provided by SAP (Sapnote #867176). If you run this java program you will see "11.1.0.0.0" as database product version which is wrong too.

No need to worry.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Orkun Gedik

you want to say that it is client version. Not the database version. Means my installation is OK.

Thanks

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Yes, it is correct.

But, in order to be safe side, could you provide the exact path that you reach this information?

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes i have intalled oracle 11g client also.

Thanks

Regards

Ravi Kant Arya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

So it is the client version, not the db itself

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

>

> As we have upgraded our oracle version from 10.2.0.4.0 to 11.2.0.2.0. As we go in the sqlplus / as sysdba " . it is showing the

> correct version. ever after i checked through 'select version from

> V$instance' showing the correct result also. 11.2.0.2.0. When we go ourenterprise portal & check the oracle version in the system info of enterprise portal showing "Oracle Database 11g Release 11.1.0.0.0 -Production"

>

> we are not able to understand why it is showing the wrong version in the portal.

>

> Can anybody help to trace it out.

>

> Thanks

> regards

> Ravi Kant Arya

> +91 9540990385

Hi Ravi,

Could it be belong to the Oracle client release?

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik