SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to know the functionality of EASIM

sudipkumarpatra
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can anyone tell me the functionlaity of simulation workbench (EASIM)?

I cant change the rate category or rate type whilst simulating the bill by EASIM.

I have to find out the simulated bill amount for the following scenarios.

1. Currently contract is in rate category A. And I need to simulate the bill for the previous year with rate category B.

2. Currently contract is inproduct X. And I need to simulate the bill for the previous year with product Y.

Apprecitae your help.

Regards,

Sudip

3 REPLIES 3

murtuza_chhatariya
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The EASIM transaction lets you simulate billing for a contract for specified period which can be compared with different Rate Categories / Consumption / Rate type / Installation facts.

As far as I know, the current rate category can not be changed, also if you have rate category change in a billing period then it will not take previous rate category into consideration during simulation.

Actually I have not used this transaction before, but I think configuration is needed at below path

SAP Utilities > Contract Billing > Billing Execution > Define Simulation Scenarios

Thanks,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudip,

EASIM has been a very tricky transaction to get along with as the consumption to be fed needs to be provided using the periodic consumption field. You can do the following to get your desired results as required in Situation A.

a. use an installattion of Rate category B that existed in the period that needs to be simulated

b. provide the consumption in the form of periodic consumption

c.Simulate it in that period

d. compare the results.

Hope this helps, you can also use this function module, ISU_BILLING_SIMULATION_SERVICE.

Regards,

Saustav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudip.

I have worked with this transaction sometime back.

Correct me if I am wrong in analyzing your requirement. You just want to simulate your bill amount with a diff. rate category other than the one mentioned.

For this in customizing please maintain the node. The path is here

sap utilities->contract billing->billing execution->define simulation scenario

Node alternative rate categpories for simulation

Once you do that then when preparing the simulation scenario select the rate category(the other one)

and execute the simulation.

It shall work. But then you need to check out how you manage the facts etc.

Hope this helps.

cheers,

Rakesh..

http://sapisurdg.wordpress.com/