cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Mapping Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a query regarding creating Output XML in SAP PI 7.1. I am using the below command

out.getOutputPayload().getOutputStream().write(outDoc.toString().getBytes("UTF-8"));

Where out is the TransformationOutput parameter and outDoc is an output XML not the String.So, I have used toString() here.

But, when we have imported it in PI7.1 the output is not creating but the entire program is running successfully.

Th error to create output XML in PI7.1 is as below.

Unable to display tree view; Error when parsing an XML document (Fatal Error: com.sap.engine.lib.xml.parser.ParserException: XMLParser: No data allowed here: (hex) 5b, 23, 64 (:main:, row:1, col:3))

Kindly let me know.

Regards,

Aniruddha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ninad,

Thanks for your interest in the post, it is a file to mdm scenario, where the entire mapping is wriiten in Java map.

We have tested the Java program in NWDS with main() and it has worked successfully.But, when I changed the main with transform and tested it in PI7.1 with the required changes I am getting that error

Unable to display tree view; Error when parsing an XML document (Fatal Error: com.sap.engine.lib.xml.parser.ParserException: XMLParser: No data allowed here: (hex) 5b, 23, 64 (:main:, row:1, col:3))

But, I have addeed trace in different level and all are coming means the program is running, only in case of

getTrace().addInfo("Before passing XML to String");

out.getOutputPayload().getOutputStream().write(outDoc.toString().getBytes("UTF-8"));

getTrace().addInfo("After passing XML to String");

Both the getTrace() is showing in PI7.1.

Trace Output:

Records Created - 1

Before passing XML to String

After passing XML to String

• END APPLICATION TRACE ***

Java mapping hcl/com/XmlValidation completed. (executeStep() of hcl.com.XmlValidation).

Execution of mapping on server took 564 milliseconds Executed successfully

only the changed syntax is I am using toString() on outDoc as outDoc is an Document type not the String Type.Actaully, I have manipulate the input as an XML not as a String or Stream.

Regards,

Aniruddha

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your Output of the Mapping program is not in Proper XML.

Test the mapping in Operation mapping test tab.

and see the mapping output by clicking on the SRC tab of result window.

Then try to copy the output content and check whether the output is a well formed XML or not(Means all the start tag has proper end tag)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Remove the line

and replace with try & catch block inside the transform method at the end for that....

public void transform(TransformationInput input, TransformationOutput output)

throws StreamTransformationException{

try{
 OutputStream out = output.getOutputPayload().getOutputStream();
 TransformerFactory tFactory = TransformerFactory.newInstance();
 Transformer transformer = tFactory.newTransformer();
  transformer.setOutputProperty("indent", "yes");
  DOMSource source = new DOMSource(document);
  StreamResult result = new StreamResult(out);
  transformer.transform(source, result);
 }catch(Exception e){
  e.printStackTrace();
}

}

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> outDoc.toString()

> and outDoc is an output XML not the String.So, I have used toString() here.

This does not work. Choose anther option to create a String from Document type.

Check this blog:

/people/thorsten.nordholmsbirk/blog/2006/08/10/using-jaxp-to-both-parse-and-emit-xml-in-xi-java-mapping-programs

former_member207622
Contributor
0 Kudos

can you explain the scenario once ?

Please check that message is well formed

thanks

Ninad