cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartform DINA4 issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I am working on the smartform and got the below issue. In my case, I am creating a form in A4 size (210mm X 297mm) with the below parameters:

Left margin: 2.5 cm

width: 18.5 cm

But when I run the smartfrom, I found that the right margin is still 4.5cm. I have no idea why and don't know how to change it.

Please help

Thanks a lot,

WF

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member

Hi Dep,

Yes, I did. In my case, the window width is 21cm, left margin is 2.5cm and width is 18.5cm.

So, there should be not extra space for right margin. But when I print it out, there are 4.5cm for right margin

Please help

Thanks,

William

Former Member
0 Kudos

sounds weird and to be honest i dont really understand it, but have you checked if your printer maybe just cant print closer to the edge?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi William,

Just for check,

Window has width and Template has width both have to be same i.e., 18.5.

Could you check by clicking on template and then on details with arrow mark and then check width.

I am telling you this because of:

William Wrote:

>Yes, I did. In my case, the window width is 21cm, left margin is 2.5cm and width is 18.5cm.

Also check whether your printer can print a width beyond 14 cms.

BR

Dep

Edited by: DeepakNandikanti on Aug 16, 2011 1:24 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dep,

Thanks a lot for your help. I got the solution finally.

After I change the style from "System" to "FICA_STIL", then it can show properly . But I have no idea why default style doesn't work.

Best Regards,

Willaim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dep,

I have checked the width for Window and Template, they both got the same width.

Could you please let me know how to check the width of Printer? If I print the MS word document, it is fine to have 18cm width, but it cannot if I print it through SAP.

One more thing, if I preview the print result through SAP, it can show correctly. But when I print it out, it is not the same as the preview one.

Please help

Best Regards,

William

Edited by: williamfok on Aug 17, 2011 5:11 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wiiliam,

I guess th printer is not yet available in SAP logon.

Could you ask you BASIS team to add printer take a test print from SAP logon. Then you will get a clear cut idea of how much width printer is capable of printing.

Printer settings can be viewed from SPAD transaction code & click on full administration . But BASIS team is the correct one to consult for device type & printer level settings.

Also check vertical & horizontal lines are printed properly or not during testing of print.

BR

Dep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dep,

Thanks for your reply.

But what I am looking for is not to align the text to right. In my case, I have set the text component with width 18.5cm, but when I print it out, it is only 14cm

Do you know how to solve it?

Best Regards,

Willaim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi William,

Did you increas the TEMPLATE width from 14 cm to 18.5 cms?.

BR

Dep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi William,

You also have to see to that the componentsin the 'Window' shold be moved to right.

Suppose you have window and you have used 'TABLE' option , under TABLE tabstrip you have option Horizontal Alignment change it to Right .

BR

Dep