cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help regarding Java development on SAP Netweaver 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm new in this Forum. Recently I was trying to develop J2EE application in Netweaver Developemnt Studion 7.1 and I found that NWDS 7.1 does not support JDK 1.5 and as a result of this I'm not able to write any annotation in my program.

Can anybody suggest me what I should do to overcome this problem ?

Thanks again for your time.

- Ifti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ifti,

Which version of CE 7.1 you are using ( Go to Help-->About SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio).

how you are saying CE 7.1 doesnt support JDK 1.5, please eloborate on this.

Basically CE7.1 supports JDK 1.5.

Please refer this links for more information on CE 7.1

/docs/DOC-8033#section2 [original link is broken]

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/nw-ce

Regards,

Saleem Mohammad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saleem,

Many many thanks for your reply. I'm using SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio (Version: 7.01.03)

Does SAP NETWEAVER CE 7.1 and SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio (Version: 7.01.03) are different ? If yes then what should I do now ? But during the installation of SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio (Version: 7.01.03) it shows me a message that says - JDK versions 1.5 and higher are not supported by SAP.

If you want to see the screenshot I can send it to you.

Thanks.

--Ifti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ifti,

You are using NWDS 7.0 version, i thought you are using CE 7.1 version.

CE 7.1 came after NWDS 7.0 with lot of new enhancements and changes.

If you want to use JDK 1.5 version you have to use CE 7.1 EP1.

you can download this CE 7.1 from service market place using suserid/pwd.

The path where you can download this version:

Software Downloads > Software Download Center > Intallation & Upgrades ->Browse our Download Catalog > SAP NetWeaver and complementary products > SAP NETWEAVER CE > SAP EHP1 FOR SAP NW CE 7.1

If you are using NWDS 7.01.03 then you have to use JDK 1.4 version as it doesnt support JDK 1.5 and hihger version.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Saleem Mohammad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saleem,

Thanks for your continuous support.

Yes I have logged in the SAP Service Market Place and now I'm in the final screen for downloading the software.

But here i'm seeing that it ask me to select a platform. But I was planning to installing it in my laptop which has windows xp/ windows 7 operation system. But in the platform I can't find that. It has windows server as a platform.

And after selecting a platform i see lots of download object below the table. Among them which should i select to download.

Note - For your kind information I have worked as a j2ee developer for the last 4 years. SAP environment is totally new to me. I have recently joined in a company that use SAP. So sometimes u may find me novice in this area. So don't angry with me please.

Anyway which country are you from.? It seems to me that you are muslim. Am I right .

Thanks again for your support. I hope that I will be able to make a Hello world J2EE Application with your help .Can you please give me your email id so that i can do direct communication with you.

- Ifti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ifti,

First of all tell me wether you want to install CE 7.1 IDE or server.

If you want to use just NWDS CE 7.1 IDE, you can download through this [link]|https://nwds.sap.com/swdc/downloads/updates/netweaver/nwds/nw/711/NWDS_platform.html]. You can download the IDE version according to the portal sever which you have.

If you want to install the complete portal server, you can download the CE 7.1 sneak preview version from this [link|]

Step by Step how you can install [CE 7.1 Portal Server|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b057d7e3-b89e-2b10-1e9e-c426e967f8e1?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true].

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Saleem Mohammad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saleem,

My goal is to develope j2ee application and run it in sap netweaver webserver. As a J2EE application need a database for various database operation - whats your suggestion about database in this regards. Side by side can I have a separate database and can I access the SAP database when I develop application in sap netweaver ?

Can you please inform me one main reason why I should use Sap Netweaver for J2EE application development ? I can do the same task using Struts, JCO,Tomcat . This is just for curiosity. The work that I can do without Netweaver Platform - why should I do that in Netweaver. What is the facility behind this ?

As I described you that I need to develop customize J2EE application and provide some additional web feature in an existing SAP system - For this purpose what you suggest me ? - Which version should I download and install in my computer ?

Note 1:- My goal is to develop a J2EE application with database support and run it in netweaver server.

Note 2:- Can I build a Struts, Spring Framework supported Application in Netweaver? From the web as Far I got information, netweaver Support EJB 3. So is it the only way to work with J2EE in Netweaver ?

Thanks-

Ifti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ifti,

Good that you brought some important quries:

i) You can develop a J2EE based application by accesing some extrnal database or SAP database using SAP WAS(web application server).

1) You have to create a datasource connection in NWA (netweaver administration) if you are using extenral database.

2) If you are have a SAP Database you can access directly giving the DBName and user name/pWd.

ii) You can use the applications which are developed using Weblogic, Tomcat. But you cannot import the applications in NWDS.

Instead you can create a webproject & copy the files and try to deploy it in SAP WAS.

First get which version of portal server is running at client side and then according to that you can download the IDE version and develop your application.

Note 1: Get the database details which you want to connect (this points i have mentioned above) and do the necessary coding in J2EE application and deploy it in WAS.

Note 2: Refer this [link|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f0cf9e42-ccb0-2c10-d0a4-f5aa8a79e19a?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Saleem Mohammad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saleem,

Thanks for your response.

I have understand all of your reply.

Now think that I just want to develop a simplest j2EE application. Say - a index.jsp page that will print just "hello world " using sap netweaver developer studio and application server.

The links you have provided me for downloading sap Netweaver resources holds so many links in the pages. So I'm a bit confused actually which should I download and install.

Can you please give me some particular link from where I can download my required Netweaver Developer Studio and web server where I can develop my Java Applications and run?

Beside that do I need to install the Netweaver Application Server separately or It will be integrated in Netweaver Developer Studio ?

According to you I need the Netweaver CE for this. Am I right ? If yes then please give me the particular link path for this. and will the Netweaver CE hold application server also ?

- I know that I'm asking you very simple questions. But you know I'm new in this SAP World.

The way you are helping me, I appreciate it very much. Now a days such a person like u is hardly found, who provide his valuable time to other to make them understand.

- Ifti

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Saleem,

Another question again.

Recently I'm using J2EE Application and with the help of JCO I connect my application to SAP database directly and access the data via ZBAPI. So here we need ABAP development in SAP end.

But if I start work J2EE Development in SAP Netweaver Development Studio - Then can I reduce my work on ABAP Development ? In that case I don't think I need ZBAPI for database CRUD operation. Am I right ?

If i start j2ee application development in Netwearver then how should I manage the core SAP database(table like vbap, vbak) ?

Can I access and update them what i do in plain ojdbc connection or ORM connection ?

Thanks.

- Ifti

Answers (0)