cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How a user from sales department will feature into SRM org structure?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru's,

The question may be chilly, I am wondering how I can make users from sales department a part of SRM org structure. The scenario is as below.

My client wants to enable 10 users from Sales department to use shopping cart functionality in SAP SRM to order office supplies for the sales department. The responsibility of office supplies ordered from sales department will be taken care by purchasing group 1 of the purchasing organization A. The shopping carts are needed to be approved by the department manager before it goes to sourcing cockpit of SAP SRM.

From purchasing point of veiw, I have created the Purchasing Organization A under the company code and assigned the purchasing group 1 to the purchase organization A. Now, I have assigned the product category 'Office Supplies' and org unit for Sales department under the responsibility of the purchasing group 1.

Now, how I can map the end users from sales department and their hierarchy into the SRM org structure since org structure consists of Porg and the purchasing groups associated with them? I guess, they are needed to be part of SAP SRM org structure to be able create the shopping cart on their own.

Any input on the highlighted point will be highly appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Ranjan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjan,

Create a sales department as organisationaly unit under your company code where you maintainted pur. org.

Create users position under department and assign necessary role to the users to create shopping cart.

Also please maintain the office supplies product categories under extended attributes of those users.

Since you are going to create users under copany code, all the attributes will be inherited automatically.

I hope the above information is suffice your requirement.

Thanks

Rajesh K

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Rajesh,

Thanks a lot for your input. Just one small query left from my side:

When I create the sales department under the company code with all the users assigned to it, I will not tick any of the box like 'Purchase organization','Purchasing group' visible in the function tab of any org unit.

Am I right here?

regards,

Ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjan,

Yes no need to have the ECC values against Company code, pur. org. and pur.group for a Sales department. However, value should be avaialble against company code in the Assigned tab as Organisation ID of company code. One more point, agaisnt user under sales department after assignment, you cannot see the values relevant to Company code, pur.org. & pur. group. Only you can have the org. id of company code.

I hope the above is in clear.

Thanks

RAjesh K

Answers (0)