cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LS24 stock showing up as negative with stock type Q

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Can anybody please help me through this issue. The quality team passed an inspection lot and i see that there is a mterial doc generated with movement type 321 with a storage type 922, storage bin TR_ZONE stock category Q and posting change number on the WM tab of the material doc. Now i also see that there is this quantity of material showing up in LS24 with a negative sign and stock type Q. Now what do we need to so that the entry for the material goes away from LS24 and that the user can move this material from storage type 922 to 003 (where we usually store all tyhe materials).

Thanks

Anusha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To add to what York Mentioned, if you have not specified in configuration to post to same bin in the WM movemnt type. While creating the TO you can select the destination storage type as the required 003. If you have specified post to same bin then you need to create a separate TO to move the stock to 003.

Sandeepan

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

not fully resolved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats strange, because you PCN seems to be still open. Try to create the TO directly with refernce to the PCN via LT05.

Thanks

Sandeepan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still the same erroro message " no quants exist". i tried it with all three options. System guided, foreground, background

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please use LX02 to search for stock with the inspection lot in question. If no quant can be found in the warehouse, check the following two notes.

Note 1004984 - L3 094 despite recommendations from Note 389492

Note 389492 - Warehouse Management(WM)/Quality Management(QM) interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can see the quant and the material in LX02. What should be done from here as a next step?

Thanks

Anusha

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the stock category of the quant, still in Q? Does the quantity match with quantity in PCN? If it's already release to unrestricted, you can simply close the PCN by setting its status to be completed (LU02). Otherwise, raise a OSS to SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In LU02 i see that hte posting change status is blank (open), i changed it to U (posting change processed). Also if i look at few steps below on this screen i see that stock for posting change section which lists from material details to To material details. here i see stock category Q in From material details and stock category blank in TO material details. How do i close the posting change. Is it the same as changing the posting change status on the header area to U. After i do this, i go to LS24 and i still the same 2400EA with a negative symbol and stock category Q.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Open the PCN in LU03 then go to processing status to check if the TO has already been created for the PCN. In case if you have the last TO number already there. Check the TO in LT21. If it is confirmed. Also confim the source and destination storage type. In case if the TO is not confirmedm, please confirm the TO.

Sandeepan

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK. when i clicked on Processing status in LU03 this is what i see,

Last TO number - 0

TO Quantity - 0.000

Open TO items - 0

No. TO items - 0

Date of last TO - blank

Thanks

Anusha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please process the Posting Change Notice by LU04 (or use LT06 to create TO directly from material document). The negative quant should be cleared once the TO is confirmed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As susggested, i tried to creat the transfer order from LU04 and/or LT06 and i get the error message.

No quants exist for posting changes

Message no. L3094

Diagnosis

No quants requiring a posting change were found.

Procedure

Check your entries.

Also to give little more background on why this problem could be happening is, all these days we used todeal with 101 movement type for international purchases. But recently we went with 107 and 109 movement types for international purchases. The advantage of doing this was, some of our vendors were on 30 days payment terms and it usually takes 60 days to get the material via ocean to US. PLus we take the ownership of material in Asia. So the way we handled this was the moment ownership is taken we would do a 107 (here inspection lot will not be created as the material is still on the water, this is made in config), which would then allows us to post invoice and process for payment, then finally when the material arrives at our plant in US, then we would do a 109 (during this inspection lot will be created, i made this entry in config). I'm starting to think that this could have impavceted somewhere in WM. By the way we only have one plant that is warehouse managed, rest of the other plants are not WM managed. I hope this background will help is solving this problem

Thanks

Anusha

Thanks

Anusha

Edited by: anusha vemulapati on Aug 16, 2011 2:54 PM