cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning Equipment Number to MIC (Use of class type 005)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to assign equipment number to MIC. For this i have made a class with class type 005 and assigned a characteristic for equipment number(EQUI table field). I have assigned the class to MIC. Now i want to enter the equipment number, when MIC is attached to a inspection plan. Please tell me how to do so ? and am i doing it correctly?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

tanuj_parikh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to record for any particulart test like pH which equipment is actually used, take F4 help in Additional Info field in Result Recording screen. Search by Equipment there.

Check whether this is useful to your need.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure whether classification can be used here or its coorect way as classification has very different use altogather.

Now what my understanding here is you can use

1.PRT filed in Inspectionn plan and assign the same to a mic @ char lavel.

2.You can also use the "Inspection method" to specify method and equipment that you are going to use for inspection.As Method is free text you can vertually write anything here.Attach method to mic in QS22/QS23

3.In "Inspection char desription / search field " you can use name of equipment.

This is my understnading.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Sujit Gujar for your answer, but i want to assign a different equipment for each MIC in a plan. For example, pH is recorded for 'tank 1' and also for' tank 2'. So, i want to create a reference that pH used in a plan belongs to which tank. These tanks are also used by Plant Maintenance. I don't want to create a separate MIC for pH for each tank thats why i used classification but i am not able to assign any value at inspection plan level. Similarly, the next MIC in the same plan may belong to any other equipment. I cannot open the equipment as PRT as it is being used by PM. I just want to create a link between MIC and equipment.