cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outbound picking without enough stock on hand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus

I have part A (PURC) and B (SEMI) - when I put A into a sales order, I can create an outbound picking list via VL01N without enough inventory on hand. When I do the sames to part B, I cannot get a picking list without stock.

For both of them I have made sure that the item categories, requirement types and schedule line categories are same.

I don't know where do define this availability check logic - I'm not even sure if it's anything to do with availability check because it's only material type which matters.

Please give me some suggestion. Thanks in advance.

yu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you say picking list, did you create transfer order (Warehouse managed) or just you input pick quantity in delivery->picking tab. Note that based on your system settings, you can create and pick quantities without stock, but you can't post goods issue. There are few settings you can check at material master sales/plant->Checking group assignment. Then for this checking group, check the settings in t.code OVZ9. As mentioned before, the availability check control may include replenishment lead time. You may need to remove the replenishment time from availability checking. Compare both the materials and make the same settings to have similar results.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Shiva.

We don't have WM equipped. Just go directly to VL01N to get a picking list.

I can see for both part A and B, the availability checking rules are same - 02 Individ.requirements + A SD order. Further I have compared the material master data of them without finding any diference.

When I look into OVZ9, I can see the setup of "02+A". It looks like untouched. I have a screendump here -

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2290922273619.2136235.1265853394&l=d9e869b847&type=1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yu,

I can see from the attachment that you do not have RLT flag set which means the stock will be confirmed regardless of the stock Situation. Please check this flag if do not want the delivery to be confirmed.

Please review Article 1604270. You will find more information on this topic. If it still doesnot help then please send screen shots of both materials MRP view and also OVZ9.

Thanks

Amber

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Amber

Edited by: Zuohong Yu on Aug 17, 2011 4:30 AM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yu,

Please check if the RLT flag is on for the checking rule. It seems that the settings Availability check is different for both the materials (MRP 3 view )

Please also review the following Wiki document for the customising settings in ATP

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SCM/ATP+Customising

Thanks Amber