Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDMP SAP System - how to tell

valeriocicchiel
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello community,

a simple (newbie?) question. How can I recognize tha fact that a Non-Unicode SAP system use MDMP?

If in transaction SMLT i see different languages installed using different codepages (eg Italian and Chinese) is this enough to say that I am logged on a MDMP system?

Regards, Valerio

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

nils_buerckel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Valerio,

check table TCPDB. If there are more than one entry, then it is MDMP.

If there is one entry with a leading 6 (e.g. 6100), then this is blended code page.

Best regards,

Nils Buerckel

5 REPLIES 5

nils_buerckel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Valerio,

check table TCPDB. If there are more than one entry, then it is MDMP.

If there is one entry with a leading 6 (e.g. 6100), then this is blended code page.

Best regards,

Nils Buerckel

0 Kudos

I believe it not enough if we check the TCPDB table. We also need to run the report RSCPINST to see that it is actually MDMP system or Single Code Page Conifguration.

nils_buerckel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

in a Non-Unicode system, I think TCPDB is the best way to check whether a system is MDMP (or blended code page). In fact a proper setup should be done with RSCPINST, but I think it is not the best tool to check about MDMP ...

In  former releases, rscpinst did not exist. But TCPDB exists at least since MDMP was invented.

Hence if MDMP customers do an upgrade from older releases, there is a chance that they ignore settings in rscpinst, but still use MDMP (they should of course configure rscpinst).

On the other hand, if you setup MDMP (or single code page) in rscpinst, it will for sure add content to TCPDB accordingly (but then a restart is necessary).

Best regards,

Nils

0 Kudos

Hi Nils,

In our landscape, the TCPDB shows two entries (fields) and when I run RSCPINST, it shows that the system is Non-Unicode System with Single Code Page Configuration. To be sure that the system is infact MDMP, it would be a good idea to check both. Also, if the system turns out to be the case I defined, what would be a good starting point on determining the system configuration?

Regards,

Bala.

nils_buerckel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

what are the entries in TCPDB ?

what is the value of zcsa/installed_languages ?

What is the output you get when doing a simulation in rscpinst ?

Best regards,

Nils