cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP System Message:No connect to database, session terminated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My newly installed SAP production system on MSCS clusters current status is showing in green. Everything is working fine like ASCS instance, CI on Node1, DI on Node 2 and ERS on both nodes are in green in MMC.

But I am getting an error "SAP System Message:No connect to database, session terminated" frequntly. This error comes from GUI and the connected session got disconnected.

Sometimes the system is very fast but sometimes it takes lot of time to execute any T-code. But it is not compiler time.

If anyone is having any solution to this issue then please help me.

Regards,

Nilesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member213250
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh

I would say checkdev_w* trace file for any possible dumps.

sm21 and st11 transactions on SAP system can be useful to check this.

You may notice some dumps or specific error infor them trace files.

Check SAP Kernel patch level are updated to recent versions.

Also Check the possibility of any network related issue and missing links

SAP Notes : 72025, 534729, 690903 and 98051 can be bit helpful

Thanks

Regards

Venkat

vincentlim826
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

- very much network connection problem

- check on db log, if there is disconnectivity with workprocess. check on the listener trace

- run R3trans -d when see this issue

- run niping (SAP note 500235) test over a longer period from DB server to/from other app server

- check dev_disp, dev_w* on possible network error, check system log like 'work process reconnect' or such error code like 3106

or 3108?

BR, Vincent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

you can check few things from your end... and provide the info as asked by other person.

You can check your dev_traces (dev_w* files in the application server work directory). Here you will get the info.. if there was a glitch from network... then I feel it would be for everyone...

Have a look at [SDN Post|;

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

>> But I am getting an error "SAP System Message:No connect to database, session terminated" frequntly. This error comes from GUI and the connected session got disconnected.

Could you provide the kernel version?

And are you facing with this error, on the same server or on both servers?

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Edited by: Orkun Gedik on Aug 15, 2011 1:12 PM