cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver File Adapter - Create File on another SAP System

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working on a project that includes this requirement: PDF files to be copied from a third party company via SFTP to a directory on our ECC system.

We have worked out the sender side config, and the transfer of the files into PI works fine via SFTP.

However, the PDF files are ending up in a directory on the PI system and not on our ECC system as expected.

The receiver communication channel is set up as follows:

Party = blank

Communication Component = communication component of the ECC business system

Adapter type = File

('Receiver' is ticked)

Transport Protocol = File System (NFS) (etc)

Target directory = /tmp (using this temporarily for testing)

I would have thought using the ECC business system would mean the files would end up on that system, but instead they end up on the /tmp directory on the PI system.

We are not permitted to use FTP between our SAP systems, so I can't go with that option.

I've searched for help on this and only see conflicting and vague statements about whether the NFS protocol can or can't be used for transfer to another SAP system in the landscape.

Any suggestions and help on the above, and the best method of transferring the files to the end SAP system would be very appreciated.

Regards,

Christine

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

remember that NFS means that it is referring to a file system on PI server.

What you could do is mount a space on SAP PI onto SAP ECC so that ECC will be able to access the files on SAP PI.

Guess that should solve the problem.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check with your project and if you are allowed then ask BASIS team to create a shared directory in PI which can be accessed from R3 and vice-versa to solve your current problem. We are also following similar approach in our project.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you both for the replies - this is what I suspected but it is very good to get confirmation.

Christine