cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating automatic TO's for a material if quantity is at critical level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i want system to create automatic TO's, for an storage bin/type, at where, if a material's stock capacity is below X quantity.

can anyone help me on that?

thanks.

Edited by: saynaci on Aug 15, 2011 10:27 AM

Edited by: saynaci on Aug 15, 2011 10:33 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you are talking about replenishment process. For example you can have tow stroage type,

Type one 001 - which is used for picking, in the material master WM2 view you can enter the minimum and maximum qty for the bin and storage type.

consider min: 10 PC and Max 100PC

There is also stock in storage type 002, let's say 200. You need to move stock from 002 to 001 once stock fell below the minimum qty in storage type 001.

Then if you pick the stock in storage type and the stock become 0, then you can go to the LP21 to create TO to move the stock from 002 to 001.

In WM - Activities - Transfers- Define stock transfer and replenishment control- define replensihment control for storage type.

Create a movement type by copying 319 and assign the movement to storage type 001 and in the repelnishment type clcik 1 or 2 (if you have fixed bin in material master WM2 then 1) or then 2.

Thanks,

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi JK

thank you for your help..

i've done as u said since the last line.

can u be more specific on the line below.

" assign the movement to storage type 001 and in the repelnishment type clcik 1 or 2 (if you have fixed bin in material master WM2 then 1) or then 2"

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your case the storage type 001 is to be replenished once the stock for a material fell below the minimum qty in the storage type 001.

Master data:

You can achieve this by Fixed Bin (entering a Bin number in WM2 for the material master) or enter the storage type 001 and enter the minimum and maximum qty in WM2 without entering Fixed bin.

Config:

1. Create a movement type by copying movement type 319, let's say you have created 919.

2. Assgin the movement type to the storage type in the config - SPRO-WM-Activities-Transafer-Define stock transfer and replenish ment control-Define replenishment control for storage type - in that select WM number / Storage type and assign the movement type 919 and the replenish. as 1 or 2. (if you have fixed bin in material master then 1 or 2)

By doing this, once the stock in the storage type for the material in 001 fell below the minimum stock in the material master, then a TO will be created to move the stock in other storage type to storage type 001.

Pl do a test cycle in sandbox.

Pl go thor the SAP Help

http://help.sap.com/SAPHELP_470/helpdata/EN/c6/f843684afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Thanks,

JK

Answers (0)