cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function Library

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am facing a problem can i use the Same function library for two different Software components,, plz help on this is issue...

Thanks&Regards

mallikarjun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Function Library in generally meant for portable and reusable within Software component Version. In other words, You can use function libraries across namespaces within the software component version. If you want to access in other SWCV, as Shabarish mentioned create dependency.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the function libraries scope is defined withing a particular SWCV.

hence if you need to use the same in another SWCV, you will have to copy it into the separate SWCV or create dependencies.

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mallikarjun,

As an alternative to the solution proposed by Mark, please consider usage of software component dependencies that can be configured in SLD for respective involved SWCVs.

More information on this can be found below the following link (SAP Help): http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/48/b682c796655295e10000000a42189b/frameset.htm .

Regards,

Vadim

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am facing a problem can i use the Same function library for two different Software components

Yes, this is possible. Do the following steps:

1.) Double-click the software component version in which you want to use the function library

2.) Go to the details tab

3.) Add the software component version in which the original function library is located

4.) Save

5.) Edit your message mapping, then click the icon Show Used Function Libraries

6.) Add the function library found in step 3

Hope this helps,

Mark