Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML output for PO in ECC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are on SRM 7.0.1.

We have implemented the EXTENDED CLASSIC SCENARIO.

We have few vendors for whom the output for PO ahs to be sent in XML format hence we use XI/PI for that.Only for these vendors,the output goes out in XML form via XI.For all other vendors,the output is triggered from ECC.

Now we are planning to switch from ECS to Classic in SRM whereby all PO's will be directly created in ECC.Cosnideting this,for all PO's which have vendors for whom the output should be sent in XML format,can the output be sent in XML format via ECC?Does ECC support XML output for PO?

Pls advise.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes ECC does support XML POs to be sent out. But you will need ECC 6.0 (Ehp 4) to activate corresponding business functions in order to achieve the same.

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nikhil.

So if PO from ECC need to be sent out via XML,the output configuration for ECC PO's need to be changed also?

Also if PO o/p needs to be sent EDI or XML,my understanding is XI will be mandatory for PO to be sent to supplier system.Can you pls confirm.

Also when we say PO is sent via EDI(idoc) or XML,is there any difference in the data format/way in which data is sent to XI?If there any conversion happening on XI based on output type EDI or XML?

Edited by: srm_tech on Aug 19, 2011 4:47 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, as I said you need to activate Business functions and do some standard config to ensure that PO is released in XML format.

Yes XI is mandatory. When PO is sent as IDOC, XI converts it into an XML format and sends it to the supplier system, but when PO is in XML format, XI only acts as a medium (there is no conversion as such).

Regards,

Nikhil

geshy_m
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Please can you brief the business function that will need activation and configurations that you have mentioned in previous post, I'm looking for SRM PO transferred to ECC to create IDOC to send PO XML output from ECC system. Thank you.