cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding idoc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eveyone,

After importing idoc from R/3 do we need to setup any thing after that with idx1 and idx2 and idx3 with idx4

Thanks in advace .

Regd's

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

<b>IDX1</b> is used for Maintaining Ports.

You use the port maintenance in the IDoc adapter to establish an RFC connection to the system that contains the metadata that the IDoc adapter requires to convert IDocs (Intermediate Documents) that have been sent to it to IDoc XML format. This system is defined by the sender port and the client in the IDoc control record. It is either the sender SAP system or an SAP reference system.

The metadata comprises the IDoc structures for the corresponding IDoc types. Using this port you can call this data either directly at runtime or you can load it to the Integration Server (the system with the IDoc adapter) beforehand.

You must maintain a port in the IDoc adapter for all clients in each SAP system that you want to connect to the Integration Server using IDocs.

To create a port, do the following steps:

1.In transaction Port Maintenance in IDoc Adapter (IDX1).

On the left-hand side the system displays a list of ports that are already defined, for example SAPABC_123, and a description.

2.Choose Create a new RFC connection) for the selected system.

The system converts the display area on the right-hand side of the screen into an input area where you can enter the specifications for the new port.

The specifications for Port and Client correspond to the sender port and the client in the IDoc control record.

3.Enter the required data for the new port and save the data.

The system creates the new entry and places it alphabetically in the list of already defined ports. The system displays a corresponding message.

<b>IDX2</b> is used for loading IDOC metadata.

IDoc (Intermediate Document) metadata comprises structures for the corresponding IDoc types that are required by the IDoc adapter to convert these IDocs to IDoc XML format and the other way around.

Using an RFC connection, metadata of this type can be either called directly at runtime or loaded to the Integration Server beforehand.

The system containing the metadata is either the sender or receiver SAP system or, if the sender or receiver system is a subsystem, the SAP reference system where the metadata is saved.

You can display metadata that has already been loaded, or if you are upgrading the application system then you can delete the metadata and reload it.

This step (loading IDOC metadata in IDX2) is optional. When you start to send/receive your first IDOCS then XI will automatically load the metadata from the system.

In outbound scenarios like Idoc to file, it is automatically happening. But for file to Idoc, in many a times I have got "Meta Data doesnot exists error" in the monitor.When i got this error, i went to IDX2 transaction and loaded the metadata.This solved my problem.

Steps to be followed are:

1.To find out what metadata has already been loaded, call the transaction Metadata Overview for IDoc Adapter (IDX2).

The system displays a screen with the directory of all systems connected with the IDoc adapter (including a description) for which metadata has already been loaded. Choose Port Maintenance in IDoc Adapter to call the corresponding transaction and to create additional ports.

2.Expand the individual systems to display the IDoc types and clients including a description for each system. The system displays the metadata for each connected system for which metadata has already been loaded.

3.To apply the metadata structure loaded from a particular system to another system (for example, to an SAP reference system), select the link to the corresponding IDoc type and choose Copy.

The system displays a dialog box in which you can copy the IDoc type description to another system (Target Port).

4.To delete metadata that has already been loaded, select the link to the corresponding IDoc type and choose Delete.

The system asks you if you really want to delete the selected structure.

5.To delete the metadata structure, choose Yes.

6.To load additional metadata, choose Create.

The system displays a dialog box where you can enter the IDoc Type including Extension and the system (Source Port).

7.Make the required entries and choose Continue.

The new structure is inserted in the tree structure as follows:

- If the structure originates from a system from which metadata has already been loaded, it is inserted below the structures already loaded from this system.

- If the structure originates from a system from which no metadata has already been loaded, it is inserted together with the system below the already listed systems.

8.To display details about a metadata structure that has already been loaded, choose the link to the corresponding IDoc type. To display this structure in detail, choose Display. The system displays the structure in a hierarchy tree.

Regards,

Abhy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

IDOC to File :

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters

File to IDOC:

sekhar

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raj,

<a href="https://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/cdded790-0201-0010-6db8-beb9bb2b2660">How to sample IDOC scenarios</a>

This documentation explains all configuration needed on R3, XI for IDOC scenarios.

<i>do we need to setup any thing after that with idx1 and idx2 and idx3 with idx4</i>

In XI, you need to do the following,

SLD

1. Create technical system pointing to R3 system

2. Create Business System pointing to the R3 system's Client / Logical System.

SM59 -- Create RFC destination to the R3 system

IDX1 -- Create Port to the R3 system

IDX2 -- Import Idoc metatdata.

IDX3 and IDX4 are not used.

Regards,

Bhavesh

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

What is your secneario ?

for XI to R/3 scenario using Idoc adapter- Then in XI system

1) IDX1 entry is required - so RFC destination pointing to R/3 system

2) IDX2 is not required actually. This metadata is loaded automatically.

Refer this guide~

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d19fe210-0d01-0010-4094-a6f...

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Can you please Tell me what are the changes do we need to make i have the all webblogs and help but i need a help some can descibe here so i understand.

Regd's

Raj

Former Member