Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Document type not defined

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am working on an interface. Design is like below

Purchase Order->File Adapter->XI (BPM)->RFC Adapter->Sales Order in R/3

When I am trying to cretae a sales document in R/3, I am getting a message back from R/3 saying 'Sales Document is not defined'. But when Checked in R/3, that sales document type is existing. I don't see any Mapping execption in monitoring, but I am receiveing this message back from R/3

Any feedback will be highly appreciate.

Cheers

Rajiv P

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

claus_wallacher
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajiv,

the sales order type is a mndatory field. So if you don't provide it you will get the same error. Check with document type TA and see if the error disappears. In hat case you know that it is a problem with your particular sales order type.

Regards,

Claus

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check in R/3 if the function module BAPI_SALESORDER_PROXY_CREATE is able to create sales order with the same data. If not please goto se37 execute the function module BAPI_SALESORDER_PROXY_CREATE by giving the values to the respective fields. See if you are getting the same message if so then its puerly r/3 problem get some functional help.

Thanks,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for that. I am unable to check that as I don't have access to that system and the person who can do that is not available. Sry for saying that. It's a bit strange arrangeent.

One other issue I am having is, I am doing all this in QA environment, not touching Dev environment at all. The message I am getting back in XI monitor is coming back from UQ1 (R/3 QA)but when I see the logs in R/3 QA, I don't see anything. But when checked in R/3 Dev, I can see the logs getting updated. Dev and QA both are running on the same box. Is this a logical system issue like partner ID not defined properly or.......please advise. But every time I am getting the message back from R/3 QA that 'Sales document is not defined'.

Regards

Rajiv P

former_member431549
Contributor
0 Kudos

Check your RFC receiver comm channel and ensure it is configured for the R/3 QA system.

You will have to get access to SE37 in the R/3 system to figure this out. You will drive yourself crazy trying to "debug" a BAPI/RFC from XI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Well initially it was a value-mapping problem. It is possible to debug a BAPI/RFC from XI. If it is possible, the please advise me of the procedure. My XI is working fine but I am getting a message back from R/3 as below. Any feedback will be highly appreciated

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

- <rfc:BAPI_SALESORDER_PROXY_CREATE.Response xmlns:rfc="urn:sap-com:document:sap:rfc:functions">

<E_SALESDOCUMENT_EX />

<E_STATUS>E</E_STATUS>

- <RETURN>

- <item>

<TYPE>S</TYPE>

<ID>V4</ID>

<NUMBER>233</NUMBER>

<MESSAGE>SALES_HEADER_IN has been processed successfully</MESSAGE>

<LOG_NO />

<LOG_MSG_NO>000000</LOG_MSG_NO>

<MESSAGE_V1>VBAKKOM</MESSAGE_V1>

<MESSAGE_V2 />

<MESSAGE_V3 />

<MESSAGE_V4 />

<PARAMETER>SALES_HEADER_IN</PARAMETER>

<ROW>0</ROW>

<FIELD />

<SYSTEM>UD1CLNT010</SYSTEM>

</item>

- <item>

<TYPE>E</TYPE>

<ID>V1</ID>

<NUMBER>384</NUMBER>

<MESSAGE>Sales unit ****** is not defined for item 000000</MESSAGE>

<LOG_NO />

<MESSAGE_V1>******</MESSAGE_V1>

<MESSAGE_V2>000000</MESSAGE_V2>

<MESSAGE_V3 />

<MESSAGE_V4 />

<PARAMETER>SALES_ITEM_IN</PARAMETER>

<ROW>1</ROW>

<FIELD />

</item>

- <item>

<TYPE>E</TYPE>

<ID>V4</ID>

<NUMBER>248</NUMBER>

<MESSAGE>Error in SALES_ITEM_IN 000001</MESSAGE>

<LOG_NO />

<MESSAGE_V1>VBAPKOM</MESSAGE_V1>

<MESSAGE_V2>000001</MESSAGE_V2>

<MESSAGE_V3 />

<MESSAGE_V4 />

<PARAMETER>SALES_ITEM_IN</PARAMETER>

<ROW>1</ROW>

<FIELD />

</item>

- <item>

<TYPE>E</TYPE>

<ID>V4</ID>

<NUMBER>219</NUMBER>

<MESSAGE>Sales document was not changed</MESSAGE>

<LOG_NO />

<MESSAGE_V1 />

<MESSAGE_V2>000001</MESSAGE_V2>

<MESSAGE_V3 />

<MESSAGE_V4 />

<PARAMETER />

<ROW>0</ROW>

<FIELD />

</item>

- <item>

<TYPE>E</TYPE>

<ID>C_</ID>

<NUMBER>005</NUMBER>

<MESSAGE>The object references could not be written to the CRMKEY</MESSAGE>

<LOG_NO />

<MESSAGE_V1 />

<MESSAGE_V2 />

<MESSAGE_V3 />

<MESSAGE_V4 />

<PARAMETER />

<ROW>0</ROW>

<FIELD />

</item>

</RETURN>

<TI_EXTENSIONIN />

<TI_ORDER_CCARD />

<TI_ORDER_CFGS_BLOB />

<TI_ORDER_CFGS_INST />

<TI_ORDER_CFGS_PART_OF />

<TI_ORDER_CFGS_REF />

<TI_ORDER_CFGS_REFINST />

<TI_ORDER_CFGS_VALUE />

<TI_ORDER_CFGS_VK />

- <TI_ORDER_CONDITIONS_IN>

- <item>

<ITM_NUMBER>000001</ITM_NUMBER>

<COND_ST_NO>000</COND_ST_NO>

<COND_COUNT>00</COND_COUNT>

<COND_TYPE>EDI1</COND_TYPE>

<COND_VALUE>57.600000000</COND_VALUE>

<CURRENCY>AUD</CURRENCY>

<COND_UNIT />

<COND_P_UNT>1</COND_P_UNT>

<CURR_ISO />

<CD_UNT_ISO />

<REFOBJTYPE />

<REFOBJKEY />

<REFLOGSYS />

<APPLICATIO />

former_member431549
Contributor
0 Kudos

You can't debug an R/3 RFC from XI. This looks like a data problem to me based on message: <MESSAGE>Sales unit ****** is not defined for item 000000</MESSAGE>

Appears to me UOM you are sending in for the material is not valid. What is the value for TARGET_QU in the BAPI call ? Is that UOM valid for the material ?

Not sure about message: <MESSAGE>The object references could not be written to the CRMKEY</MESSAGE>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim

Thanks a lot. Full points for you. It solved my problem. I have created sales dcument manually with the values in my input file with no problems but it was not loading when I was making the BAPI call. And when I removed the UOM from my input xml instance and passed the data through, it was successful. But anyway, your suggestion solved the problem. At R/3 level, I am wholly dependent on other people and they were not providing me correct info, I believe.

Regards

Rajiv P

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajiv,

I see you solved the problem at the end, but I don't see how... I'm developing exactly the same scenario and having exactly the same problem

Could you please provide some tips&trick, it drives me crazy...

ivan.belic@gmail.com please

Best regards,

Ivan

claus_wallacher
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajiv,

most likely you run into a language problem here. If you log on to your system in a language other than German the system will translate the sales order types you see for you, but internally in your BAPI it expects the fixed order type (which is based on the German language). For example for the sales order type OR (assuming you use English) you actually need to enter the sales order type TA in your BAPI interface.

If you want to know the translations to the different languages you can check the content of table TAUUM in your backend. Field AUART contains the value you need to use in your BAPI, while field AUART_SPR contains the corresponding value you see in your particular language.

Regards,

Claus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claus

Thanks for the input. I am using a standard BAPI called BAPI_SALESORDER_PROXY_CREATE for sales order creation. In my input xml file, I have a value for a field called 'DocTypeCode' as 'Z4OR'. Is it cuasing that error. But when I ran the test even without this filed value, it gave me the same message.

Any feedback please

Cheers

Rajiv P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Check weather all the mandatory fields for that BAPI have mapped to create sales order?

sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sekhar

Thanks a lot for info. That question came up in my mind earlier and I checked, it's OK.

Any other input. Thanks

Rajiv P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

<i>Also make sure leading zeros are filled in where ever necessary like sold-to-party number etc</i>

This is what prakash suggested....some times it also causes the problem.check it.

sekhar

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Keep a external break point in the Sales Order BAPI/RFC for the user which is used in RFC receiver adapter and check if it is getting all the values correct. Also make sure leading zeros are filled in where ever necessary like sold-to-party number etc.

Thanks,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the BAPI is not going into error then most probably it will be data issue. Please can you Run the RFC uing the same data and see what happens?

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya

Thanks for the info. I am loading into R/3 using the same data and it's working, so doesn't seem to be data issue.

Any other input please.