cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capturing two column values in a custom search help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

To customize a Web Dynpro application, I need to develop a custom search help with 3 columns. The same search help will be used for two input fields. The first column in the search help is to be displayed in the first field and the corresponding value in the second column is to be displayed in the second field. The business requirement is that when the user chooses a value for either of the fields using the search help, the other field should also be populated.

I need to devise a way to capture both the values in the first and second columns. I tried developing a search help exit but it did not solve my requirement. Can you please confirm if that is the way to go or is there an alternative solution.

Regards,

John.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

shahid
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Try using an OVS for the two fields on the screen.

Give the Same OVS name for the fileds for which you want the search help.

while defining an OVS, a method will be generated. you need to modify it as per the requirement.

the method has four phases.

In one phase you can define the search fields for the search help.

In one phase you can write a select statement and pick all the records that are required as per the search help.

In one phase you can assign the values to the fields on the screes ( chk the generated method for callback_object something like that).. when the user select a record from the list you can assign the same values to the fields on the screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks ssm for your reply.

I solved the requirement by implementing the steps listed by ssm.

John.

Answers (0)