cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inter company stock transfer control issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

In inter company Stock Transfer process, plant A has received scheduling agreement or PO from plant B. Is there any possibility of receiving material by plant B w/o sending / dispatching material by plant A? I guess this should not be possible.. but in our case it is happening. Being document type is of ZUB (which is similar process as intra company process).. also we have implemented WM. Material issuance or receipt will happen from outbound or inbound process.

Though there is a process violation but system would have restricted user not to receive materials. Can someone let me know is there any configuration issue ? If yes how to fix the issue? If no how to restrict user?

Edited by: Krish9 on Aug 13, 2011 10:03 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

I have seen this kind of bug

even if the issuing plant has not issued the material ...recieving plant can do GR

if a outbound delivery is incorporated in your business scenerio in SAP then this problem should not come

and better you raise a OSS to SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In spite of having outbound delivery process we are facing this issue. Do you see any configuration issue?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

please confirm below things

1. when you create STO does the shipping tab comes at item detial level

2. when you create Outbund delivery does it gets updated in PO history

Former Member
0 Kudos

for point 1 - yes shipping tab is appearing

for point 2 - yes gets updated

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per your scenario you described, it is rather unclear what you are trying to achieve there.

How would the stock posting be balanced if we do not relief materials from Plant A if we are receiving it in Plant B?

The stock have to come from somewhere in order for Plant B to receive it. The same quantity of stock has to be reduced accordingly from the source plant (be it Plant A or some other plants).

I reckon if you just merely do not want to reflect that the stock is being dispatched from Plant A to Plant B, then you may want to consider using a dummy plant to represent Plant A or something to that effect.

Hope the above helps.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phang,

ideally you are correct but my situation is otherway. For better clarity I reiterate my scenario.

In inter company STO process, even though plant A (sending plant) has not dispatched the material still plant B (receiving plant) could able to receive the material. With this lapses, we are seeing negative qty in goods in transit. Ideally after issuance of material by plant A, goods can be received at plant B. This process is intact in case of intra company STO. Hope you have understood my situation.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont understand what process being followed at your end to post GR at plant A , mean to say which document being refered for GR posting at plant A .

To restrict the goods receipt at plant A, you can do it in two ways.

1. Pl check whether your have defined plant B also as a suppling plant in addition to receiving plant.( customisation of STO & vendor master - remove plant B as a suppling plant - if you have defined)

2. You can create a different different profile for each and every transaction and give restricted authorisation to the perticular users.

Hope it will resolve your issue, if needed any further info pl let me know.

Thanks

Om

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for ur response Om.

Users are receiving material as against PO / SA no.

As suggested by you if I remove plant B as supplying plant then, can I able to send material from plant B to plant A ?

Thanks for ur time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not through for inter company stock transfer, if the plants are under same company code then it is possible even with MIGO mvt type 301.

thanks

Om

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for ur response.

Being inter company transfer, material will move from either way thus it is not possible to remove supplying plant in plant B.

As suggested, work around is to restrict user to receive only against delivery doc no. Do u mean from configuration perspective there is no way to restrict ?!

Thanks,