cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send a spool request as FAX with FM 'CONVERT_OTF_AND_FAX'?

thomas_mueller8
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I want to fax an existing spool request. It was created as a normal printout.

I do the following :

1. Read out existing spool request with FM 'RSPO_RETURN_SPOOLJOB'

=> Spooldata is passed back in table parameter BUFFER type SOLI ( = Char, 255)

2. Bring format (=Char, 255) into OTF (= Char,2+Char,70)

3. Call FM 'CONVERT_OTF_AND_FAX'

=> This function has a tables parameter OTF type ITCOO ( = TDPRINTCOM (C,2) / TDPRINTPAR (C, 70)

Everything seems to work fine, I can see this sending request in transaction SOST, however a fax is not received. An inside look (debugging) didn't bring any errors. Maybe the faxoptions (structure ITCPP) are not correct:

FAXOPTION - structure ITCPP

- TDCOPIES = 1

- TDDEST = FD03 (<- This Output destination was used when the printout was created)

- TDNEWID = X

- TDTELELAND = DE

- TDTELENUM = 06228924559 (<- Faxnumber)

- TDTITLE = Fax - Title

- TDSPOOLID = 95515 (<- Spool ID)

- TDDEVICE = TELEFAX

- FAXFORMAT = ASC

Kind regards,

Thomas

Edited by: Thomas Mueller on Aug 15, 2011 6:48 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

thomas_mueller8
Participant
0 Kudos

The FM CANNOT be used to convert an existing spool request (which was created for a certain output device, e.g. a printer) but it converts a spool request which was created for a fax output into the correct format for function SO_OBJECT_SEND.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

How is the status of your message in sost?

Max

thomas_mueller8
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Max,

in SOST the status is fine -> Msg 711, no errors.

Cheers,

Thomas

Edited by: Thomas Mueller on Aug 15, 2011 8:36 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes

but it'set how "sent" or to be sent?

Max

thomas_mueller8
Participant
0 Kudos

Status is sent -> It's gone to the fax server

Former Member
0 Kudos

So I think the problem is on fax server not in SAP

If the message is sent to server, for SAP is OK, you should ask your basis if the message was received by server and in which status is there.

Max

thomas_mueller8
Participant
0 Kudos

Today I spoke with the responsible person of the fax server and he told me, that he receives a post script format but the faxserver expects a TIFF or PDF.

What are the responsible settings (parameter FAXOPTIONS) to create a TIFF document which can be understood by the faxserver?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The options is FAXOPTIONS-FAXFORMAT

Max

thomas_mueller8
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's not the faxformat in ITCPO.

What I figured out by comparing my program with another program (printout of balance sheets) is that this other program is able to fax or to print but not at the same execution. When you execute the balance sheet program in order to fax, the sapscript formular is created with the printer POSTSCPT (driver: POST) and code page 1117. When you execute it for printouts another printer can be choosen and the code page is 1110.

Could this be the problem of not beeing able to fax an existing spool (sapscript) request? Or is there a way to convert the OTFDATA from code page 1110 to 1117?

Cheers,

Thomas