SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EG42 - Device Modification Prorate time slice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Experts,

User changes the register group using EG42 and click on prorate as well, which creates the time slices in the system. User do not want those time slices. We have asked user not click on prorate, however they are still doing it by mistake.

Also, sometimes they do this when device is in AVLB status which creates weird time slices.

Currently to correct those timeslices, we change the table entries in EGERH, EADZ, ETDZ, EASTL, EASTS. But we need a permanent solution for this issue:

1) How to stop user from clicking prorate, can we disable the option or is there any config?

2) Is there any transaction which can reverse this activity, as in change the register group back to original and remove extra timeslice?

3) Is there any EXIT which can give user an error when they click on prorate?

Please advise.

Regards,

Nidhi

4 REPLIES 4

vikrant_guptarya
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nidhi,

There isn't any config to do so. One option that i see is creation of a transaction variant

Create a variant for EG42 in SHD0 & hide the 'prorate' field.

Let me know if you need any further help.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked with the users, they would need to prorate time slices in some scenarios but not all. So, I can not hide Prorate till any further decision comes in from user.

However, if user has mistakenly checked prorate, changed the register group and time slice is created. Is there any way this time slice can be corrected. Currently we ask for access and correct table entries. Please advise soon.

0 Kudos

May be if you let me know a little more about the changes thats you do, i could be a bit more helpful.

As far as removal is concerned, use the device modification again & undo the changes using the same proration date.

After that try removing the MR order that get created.

0 Kudos

When user changes the register group checking Prorate, there can be three scenarios:

1) Number of registers in new register group are less than number of registers in original register group

- I am not able to reverse these and need to change table entries in ETDZ, EADZ and EASTS. How to reverse/remove such time slice using EG42 or any other transaction?

2) Number of registers in new register group are greater than number of registers in original register group

- These can be reversed by just using EG42 and changing the register group back to original.

3) Number of registers in new register group are equal to number of registers in original register group

- These can be reversed by just using EG42 and changing the register group back to original.